I'm looking for a new smart watch

I have been using the Asus Zenwatch 2, but I inadvertently bricked it when trying to flash it to a different type of OS, and it was also getting old so I would like to get a new one. My only requirement is that it be Android, I do not want an Apple watch. I know that Microsoft had the band, but I'm more interested in more of a watch then a band, I also know that Samsung has made some decent watches, but I am not sure about any of them, any suggestions on brand/model/etc. would be appreciated! 

Ya, there seems to be some great options out there. I really havent kept up with smart watches all that much, they just dont fascinate me like much tech so I really could only find recommendations. No personal experience with them, figured the link would help out some though.

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, malwin73 said:

The Google Pixel watch looks promising. I like its design.

Welcome to Neowin!

I recently made the switch to Android so I can see myself getting a smartwatch shortly, I would definitely get one from the Android Wear Line.

Check out the fitbit Versa

It seems to have a lot of what they acquired from the Pebble acquisition. Actually has a battery life more than 2 days :)

It'll be my next smartwatch soon to replace my Pebble Time Steel.

I've got a Garmin Vivoactive HR which works great for me, even though I don't use all of the sport accessories. I can get notifications from my phone applications, it tracks my sleeping, walking, heart rate, and I can control my music from it as well (play/pause, next track, last track, volume up, volume down). I've even installed a widget for Google Maps so that I don't need to have my phone in my hand all the time when trying to follow directions. All of that and the battery life probably lasts over a week before I need to charge it, which can be done in about one hour.

Before I got it I always thought, "why would I want a smart watch?" Now I'm not sure I could go without it. :laugh:

Although I have just seen the price. ?

Apple watches work the best on iPhones. My own personal experience with asus and fossil watches.   That being said, asus makes a decent watch and fossil makes a decent smart watch (if you want something a bit more stylish). 

On 7/2/2018 at 3:06 PM, Nick H. said:

I've got a Garmin Vivoactive HR which works great for me, even though I don't use all of the sport accessories. I can get notifications from my phone applications, it tracks my sleeping, walking, heart rate, and I can control my music from it as well (play/pause, next track, last track, volume up, volume down). I've even installed a widget for Google Maps so that I don't need to have my phone in my hand all the time when trying to follow directions. All of that and the battery life probably lasts over a week before I need to charge it, which can be done in about one hour.

Before I got it I always thought, "why would I want a smart watch?" Now I'm not sure I could go without it. :laugh:

Although I have just seen the price. ?

I'm the opposite, I wanted a fitness watch and the "smart" stuff is just a small bonus.

Was it a gift, how did you not know the price?! 

26 minutes ago, Skiver said:

I'm the opposite, I wanted a fitness watch and the "smart" stuff is just a small bonus.

Was it a gift, how did you not know the price?! 

Yeah, it was a gift. Like I said, I wouldn't have bought one myself and now I can't imagine not having one. :laugh:

xiaomi has watches - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Xiaomi-Huami-Amazfit-2-Amazfit-Stratos-Pace-2-Smart-Watch-with-GPS-Xiaomi-Watches-PPG-Heart/32853530441.html

• 1 month later...

Well with the help from the XDA developers website, I managed to get the watch running again. I am still considering upgrading , but not so important now.