• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

    Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Can I Charge Anything with a Quick Charger?

Recommended Posts

Sir Topham Hatt    239

So I have a tablet that came with a standard slower charger.

 

I have a 1Plus 3T that came with a quick charger.  As they're both just USB, can I charge the tablet with the quick charger or will the battery not like getting so much power?

 

Or is it an individual per device thing?

 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Circaflex    3,428

I believe OnePlus uses "Dash" chargers, if that is the case, it will work fine with another device it just wont charge at faster speeds, rather the standard charging speed. the only thing I would be worried about is if this was one of the first gen chargers from OnePlus, at one point, they were using out of spec cables and you could potentially damage your phone. 

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/11/oneplus-admits-that-its-selling-dodgy-usb-type-c-cables-and-adapters/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
exotoxic    625
On 6/23/2018 at 9:43 AM, Sir Topham Hatt said:

or will the battery not like getting so much power?

 

Doesn't work like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nashy    1,636
On 6/23/2018 at 6:43 PM, Sir Topham Hatt said:

So I have a tablet that came with a standard slower charger.

 

I have a 1Plus 3T that came with a quick charger.  As they're both just USB, can I charge the tablet with the quick charger or will the battery not like getting so much power?

 

Or is it an individual per device thing?

 

Cheers

Device dictates the power draw on that.

However.  I do find oddities with some of my Samsung tablets and 2.5amp chargers, the screen does odd things.  Might be a coincidence, not sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nekrosoft13    626
2 hours ago, Circaflex said:

I believe OnePlus uses "Dash" chargers, if that is the case, it will work fine with another device it just wont charge at faster speeds, rather the standard charging speed. the only thing I would be worried about is if this was one of the first gen chargers from OnePlus, at one point, they were using out of spec cables and you could potentially damage your phone. 

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/11/oneplus-admits-that-its-selling-dodgy-usb-type-c-cables-and-adapters/

that was back in the day with oneplus 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.