Klipsch 2.1 Speakers Finally Kicked the Bucket

Hello All

Moved recently to an Apartment, speakers was working pretty well at old place, anyways now when I plug in at new apartment, tons of static, buzzing/humming sound from Subwoofer,  Is there a similar Logitech set or a Logitech Set that would be suited for an apartment with Low Volume for General System usage/low music, and some youtube video watching and such,  gets uncomfortable wearing headphones for 12+ hours, so looking into possibly a new speaker set that will work fine in an apartment

Klipsch speakers are from 2001 purchased then

5 minutes ago, bikeman25 said:

Hello All

Moved recently to an Apartment, speakers was working pretty well at old place, anyways now when I plug in at new apartment, tons of static, buzzing/humming sound from Subwoofer,  Is there a similar Logitech set or a Logitech Set that would be suited for an apartment with Low Volume for General System usage/low music, and some youtube video watching and such,  gets uncomfortable wearing headphones for 12+ hours, so looking into possibly a new speaker set that will work fine in an apartment

They’ve refreshed them and they now have BT support if interested in buying them again. 

Might Look into that actually, wouldn't mind buying again, lasted a long while, sure in apartment can't use the bass like I did at old Condo, but heck even a low volume should be fine 

I had those speakers from 2003, until 2016, and they died as well. Great setup for the price. However, I took the opportunity to purchase some nice bookshelf speakers, and went with the Audioengine A5+

Audioengine A5+

Very Very Nice Looking those Audioengine 5 ones, now just to decide which to go with, and go from there, got adequate funds for picking those, so might possibly do that, don't need super powerful speakers in apartment, One thing reading reviews on the Klipsch Bluetooth is anyone can connect to the new 2.1 set, and in an apartment setting that doesn't sound too good to have possibly of happening lol, so Audioengine A5+ might very well be the best choice 

32 minutes ago, bikeman25 said:

Might Look into that actually, wouldn't mind buying again, lasted a long while, sure in apartment can't use the bass like I did at old Condo, but heck even a low volume should be fine 

I’ve not found any 2.1 systems that really fits the bill other than the Promedias. The refreshed ones are also crisper sounding. 

On 6/30/2018 at 4:05 PM, bikeman25 said:

Hell, I got those and still use them. they are great speakers as they are definitely the best speakers I own.

I have the Klipsch Pro-Media 4.1 although I am only using two speakers and the sub for years now as I have not used the four speakers since about the early-to-mid 2000's or so. I have had them around the time you did but I might have got mine a little past 2001 if I recall correctly as I know they can't be older than 2001 given the computer I was using them on I know I got in 2001. but anyways, my only real complaint about those speakers is the wiring as even right now, while they still work, when connected to my PC I got to play with the wires etc a bit to get everything working at times and even when it comes to the volume dial, ill usually have to play with that a bit to get the sound nice and even on both speakers.

NOTE: they still have these on Amazon for $150... https://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-ProMedia-Certified-Computer-Speaker/dp/B000062VUO ; my guess is you probably won't top those speakers especially for around that price range or less as the clarity of sound is what I really like on those (and has solid bass if needed etc). basically if my set ever dies and I got $150 to spend, I can't see myself betting against those speakers as they are quality and that price is reasonable. basically those in the link have two dials to adjust which is the sub woofer and main volume. the ones I have have a third dial which is for 'surround'. but I got the surround dial to min setting since I don't use the 4 speaker setup anymore.

p.s. I got mine connected to a old power center thing (i.e. a old 'Memorex Power Center' which I think I had since 1995-1996) so I can simply flip a switch to kill the power to them as I turn them off when not in use. without that power center, they would be on 24/7 unless you unplug them manually.

Edited by ThaCrip

Yeah I had the 4.1 set years ago, also kicked the bucket, loud scratching when plugged into PC for some reason, had those since 1999 though I think when I got them if I remember right lol,  2.1 lasted a long while though got those 2001 I think then for Mom's PC at the time, then I switched to using them when my 4.1 set kicked the bucket,  I may just pickup another Klipsch set, and just keep the volume low in apartment here and good to go

Did run the old ones 24/7 since sometimes PC itself was on 24/7, maybe that is what finally killed my sets

2 minutes ago, bikeman25 said:

Did run the old ones 24/7 since sometimes PC itself was on 24/7, maybe that is what finally killed my sets

I doubt that. I left my Logitech Z7 speakers on a PC that I have running 24/7...

Yeah maybe just old age lmao then, as I used them so much over the years, not really too high of volumes though, well ok a few times LOL,  but overall was very good,  and definitely think gonna get the newer version eventually

1 hour ago, bikeman25 said:

Yeah maybe just old age lmao then, as I used them so much over the years, not really too high of volumes though, well ok a few times LOL,  but overall was very good,  and definitely think gonna get the newer version eventually

Stick with what you know is always good :)

I'm replacing my Pro Media set with the newer model with BT, still the best price to performance you can get in PC speakers 

3 hours ago, Anibal P said:

I'm replacing my Pro Media set with the newer model with BT, still the best price to performance you can get in PC speakers 

That’s what I did. Works great and my wife uses them via BT when I’m not home.  My daughter uses my old Promedias.