Quoting Feature on the website is Horrible (or I'm stupid which is very possible) - How can I quote ONLY last response?

The quoting system on here leads to deeply nested quotes that aren't really necessary in my opinion. When you are responding directly to a single post the quoting system works fine. When you are responding to a post that has quoted another person it just keeps getting worse and worse, like a nightmare.

I've tried deleting the deeply nested quotes in my response but even if it's possible it's not easy enough and intuitive enough to be done by the majority of users. That is, I tried, and I failed to make it work so it probably needs to be re-thought.

The website needs the ability to quote ONLY the person you are directly responding to. It's just unnecessary, in my opinion, to quote any deeper than that. But if some find value in that, then offer the user 2 options when quoting. "Quote only from post you are responding to" and "Quote all (including nested)". Something along those lines.

This needs to be done, seriously.

The front page comment system is looking to be completely reworked.

the site owners/devs are aware the front page comments aren't in the best shape at the moment, we do apologize