i have noticed strange slow downs in games and a cpu temp of 80*c

when playing games :blink: when my pc was idle its was:

mobo 45*c

cpu 40-50*c (sometimes 60*c when idle)

after my hoovering a few mins ago the idel temps are now

mobo 25*c

cpu 34*c

thats good ay :p

i clean my pc once a month or whenever my roommate cleans his out... we smoke so there is always dust in our pcs... and my cat my rub on the fans because there is a ton of cat hair in there normally...

my pc usually is around 30C idle and 33-35C when gaming and such...

Why is this spam?

I haven't cleaned out my PC yet. I have had it for a few months and there is probably loads of dust in there. I hate the stuff that gets on the fans. It is really hard to get off.

I try to clean mine out every 2-3 months. I don't smoke and my PC is up high on my desk so it's not too bad.

Mainly the dust settles in the heatsink fins and along the bottom of the case. Also the fan blades collect a thin layer.

I use a soft brush and a duster for the big panels, does the job :)

:spam:

Yeh im interested also, how is it spam???

Anywayyyyyyyyyy, i just cleaned out my case as the PSU fan got noisy, so replaced that, cleaned the fan blades on CPU fan and exhaust and thats bout it.

After 2 months, was pretty dust free and made my job cleaning it easier.

Yeh im interested also, how is it spam???

Anywayyyyyyyyyy, i just cleaned out my case as the PSU fan got noisy, so replaced that, cleaned the fan blades on CPU fan and exhaust and thats bout it.

After 2 months, was pretty dust free and made my job cleaning it easier.

thats why i cleaned mine too, cpu fan was getting really loud when i ran games etc,

but now its silent again. i couldn't remove it has its an annoying heatsink/fan setup (rubbish clip thingy that won't come free easily)

plus i didnt want to break my cpus core today :whistle:

I'll clean mine whenever I am inside it, but since I have gotton my lil shuttle I havent been inside for a week, which is a record for me. I'll clean it out when I smell the burning.

just checked my idle temps this morning and they are:

mobo 23*c

cpu 32*c

atleast i don't have to get some cooling stuff now. :) its so nice to play my games and hear the sounds and music again, instead of the cpu fane :laugh: well chuffed now.

My last PC ended up dying because of the collection of dust inside the case during a year of it open. I had to replace the vid card but other then that it was fine. Keep that case closed and air blow the pc every 4 months.

well, 2 of my computers in our undevolped basement (i want it devolped but my parents don't want to pay, LOL). I clean them out at least once every year. My laptop upstairs, never, lol. When I clean the computer I vacuum it and then I found out with my vacuum you can make it blow air too! LOL!

Mine is cleaned out every week, we have a couple of dogs and; for some reason......we also have a cat that love to crawl inside my pc cabinet. *Death to ######*....

Ummm well not literally.