Police: Armed pastor took down shooter at Washington state Walmart

Police: Armed pastor took down shooter at Washington state Walmart

TUMWATER, Wash. - An armed civilian took down a shooter after at least two people were shot Sunday night at a Washington state Walmart, police said.

Tumwater police said the civilian, described by officers as a good Samaritan, shot and killed the suspect at the scene. 

>

“I heard two bangs. It sounded like gunshots to me,” witness Robert Berwick said. "I looked down the aisle and saw a person running.” 

That’s when Berwick ran, too. There was chaos in the parking lot, and he said the shooting suspect tried to carjack another man. That’s when the suspect was shot.

>

Another witness to the shooting, Megan Chadwick, said her husband saw the civilian take down the shooter.

"He said he watched him (the shooter) take his last breath," Chadwick said. "There were three civilians going after him (the shooter) to shoot him and two of them had their guns up -- and then the third guy shot him through the window of the car."

Chadwick said her husband was armed as well.

>

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/police-armed-civilian-took-down-shooter-at-washington-state-walmart/771791480

It's a wonder a kid in his stroller didn't pull "Baby's First MAC-10" ;)

Yea, seems like more and more stories like this are starting to appear where legal gun owners stop incidents like this.   The media always puts out the bad stories no matter what subject it is and then the opposite gets shows much much later or not at all.  All part of the medias stance that bad news sells.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

They also don't report every bad shooting. Just the flashy ones.

I'm not for total gun control, just safety regs.  This kind of shooting, and the one with the woman shooting the carjacker yesterday, could still happen, if they were screened for their purchases or had a license.

• Like 1