• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Texas mother shoots man trying to steal car with children inside

DocM    14,227

DON'T MESS WITH MOMMA BEAR!!

(especially in Texas)

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44727882

A mother in Texas shot a carjacker who was stealing her vehicle while her two young children were inside, police say.

The woman jumped back into her SUV after the suspect got into the driver's seat at a Dallas petrol station on Wednesday night, according to police.

Police say she grabbed her gun and shot the carjacker in the face when he refused to stop, causing him to crash.

>

The alleged thief's condition is unknown, but the woman said she has a message for him.

"I wish I would've killed you, if I didn't already," she told CBS Dallas.

>

😄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

jnelsoninjax    10,130

Yeah, hopefully he's dead, otherwise he's in for a long, painful recovery, not to mention, 'Dude, you got shot by a woman!' in prison...

• Like 3

+FloatingFatMan    15,351

Shot in the face? I'd be amazed if he survived that...

DocM    14,227
53 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Shot in the face? I'd be amazed if he survived that...

You'd be surprised at how many do. Not saying everything still works, but if the brain autonomic functions survive  and they don't bleed out....

+Zagadka    3,085

Good for her.

Practically, kinda curious where she carried her gun with kids in the car. Concealed  carry on her person?

• Like 3

jnelsoninjax    10,130
Posted (edited)

According to this article:

Wright crashed into a light pole and was later taken to a local hospital. Thursday morning he was said to be in serious but stable condition. As he recovers the mother wanted to tell Wright something. “I wish I would’ve killed you, if I didn’t already,” she said.

• Like 1

Steven P.    10,355

Wow!

PsYcHoKiLLa    2,025
6 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Yeah, hopefully he's dead, otherwise he's in for a long, painful recovery, not to mention, 'Dude, you got shot by a woman!' in prison...

Hopefully he's dead? FOR STEALING A CAR?!?!

jnelsoninjax    10,130
1 minute ago, PsYcHoKiLLa said:

No, I said hopefully he's dead (better off), otherwise he's going to be in for allot of pain and suffering.

+Zagadka    3,085
4 minutes ago, PsYcHoKiLLa said:

With children in it? I don't quite hope he died, but he deserved getting shot.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Jughead    6
35 minutes ago, PsYcHoKiLLa said:

You want to carjack me with my kids in it and I would kill them in a heartbeat. You must be a crook to think otherwise.

• Like 3

PsYcHoKiLLa    2,025
7 hours ago, Jughead said:

You want to carjack me with my kids in it and I would kill them in a heartbeat. You must be a crook to think otherwise.

...and you know for sure that he knew there were kids in the car? Thanks for the insinuation by the way

techbeck    6,182

So, she ran in to the store and I am guessing left her keys in the car/ignition with her kids in the back seat?   Sounds like bad parenting.  Now, if she was dragged out of her car, different story.

• Like 2

Jazmac    1,184

Violent society.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

shockz    3,803
8 hours ago, PsYcHoKiLLa said:

Yes? You omitted a pretty important detail, her children were inside. If you threaten harm to my kids and they're placed in clear and present danger due to your illegal actions, you forfeit any right to live. The law is on her side as well. 

42 minutes ago, PsYcHoKiLLa said:

...and you know for sure that he knew there were kids in the car? Thanks for the insinuation by the way

Doesn't matter if he knew or not. Don't go stealing cars and you won't have to worry about whether or not there are kids in them.

• Like 5

+warwagon    11,343

Next time don't try to steal a car.

• Like 3

dead.cell    3,046
1 hour ago, PsYcHoKiLLa said:

To be fair, you do seem to be sympathizing for the criminal here... and your name is "psychokilla"... Just sayin. :whistle: :rofl: 

• Like 1

Mindovermaster    1,394

I heard about this on the radio. Good for the lady. It's her car, and its being stolen. I'm sure if this was her house, she'd get a different response.

• Like 1

+FloatingFatMan    15,351
28 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

I heard about this on the radio. Good for the lady. It's her car, and its being stolen. I'm sure if this was her house, she'd get a different response.

It's a little bit harder to steal a house... :rofl:

(I'm sorry, I couldn't resist...)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

theyarecomingforyou    9,887
1 hour ago, warwagon said:

Next time don't try to steal a car.

Violence should always be a last resort yet in American taking matters into your own hands through violence is celebrated rather than condemned. As Dostoyevsky best articulated, 'the degree of civilization in a society is revealed by how it treats its criminals' and for the US that's a damning indictment.

+warwagon    11,343
2 minutes ago, theyarecomingforyou said:

Violence should always be a last resort yet in American taking matters into your own hands through violence is celebrated rather than condemned. As Dostoyevsky best articulated, 'the degree of civilization in a society is revealed by how it treats its criminals' and for the US that's a damning indictment.

"Hey mister, hold up a second. Can you please not steal my SUV?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Unobscured Vision    2,412

Moral of the story? Don't do stupid crap like this and you won't get shot in the face by people defending their property and/or loved ones ... or the Police.

I call this one justified.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Astra.Xtreme    2,323
9 minutes ago, theyarecomingforyou said:

Seeing as this was a split second decision to jump back in the bar and neutralize the criminal, I'd say it's absolutely an acceptable action.

Stop giving sympathy to these criminals and start focusing on the consequences...

Unfortunately for this woman, if the thief lives, it will drag on in court and some crooked lawyer will try to somehow twist this into the criminal being a victim.

• Like 7

xendrome    4,942
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, theyarecomingforyou said:

Violence should always be a last resort yet in American taking matters into your own hands through violence is celebrated 

blah blah blah... if he wasn't commiting a violent felony to begin with none of this would even have happened. 

Everyone deserves whatever happens to them when their own actions set something like this into motion.

• Like 4

Mindovermaster    1,394
47 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

It's a little bit harder to steal a house... :rofl:

(I'm sorry, I couldn't resist...)

Although, a mobile home isn't.... :laugh: