Banned When Using Mobile Hotspot

I purchased myself an RCA Cambio tablet PC that runs Windows 10, and I've spent my weekend experimenting with it and getting it set up to get work done throughout the week while I'm out and about.  I turned on the mobile hotspot feature of my cell phone and set up that connection so I'd have internet on the tablet and when I'm connected to the mobile hotspot I show up as being banned from Neowin.  When I'm connected to my regular home network I'm fine.  I have had a couple of warnings in the past on here for one thing or another, but they never amounted to anything and I've never been outright banned, at least that I was made aware of, and this message only appears when I try to log into Neowin using a mobile hotspot. (For some reason when I go to Neowin using my same browser when connected to the mobile hotspot it logs me out)

If it's relevant my public IPs are as follows:

Home: 172.***

Cell Phone/Mobile Hotspot: 107.***

I live in eastern Kentucky, so it makes sense my home network's public IP shows up under my ISP's location of Paintsville, but my cell phone's public IP, from Cricket Wireless, shows up as coming from Harrisburg, PA, :p

image.thumb.png.784f7af9b820a1c7dfbffa727c49586f.png

I just wanted to post an update to let you know it also affects my phone when using mobile data instead of Wi-Fi.

I randomly ban and then unban people all the time, I guess it just perfectly choreographed with your access attempts! How perfect!

...jk, you certainly were not banned. I'm not sure what's happening, sorry. More than likely an over zealous auto-filter by our forum software.

Just now, astropheed said:

I randomly ban and then unban people all the time, I guess it just perfectly choreographed with your access attempts! How perfect!

...jk, you certainly were not banned. I'm not sure what's happening, sorry. More than likely an over zealous auto-filter by our forum software.

I was figuring it was possibly an IP ban or something, either intended for somebody who abused that PA IP address in the past, or because I usually log in from Kentucky and then all of a sudden I'm showing up as being in PA.  It's no biggie, just wanted to bring it to your attention, ?

I edited your post to remove your IP addresses ... but the staff can see them ^

I'm assuming you just have issues with the 107 IP addy?  The 172 IP, I believe, isn't banned.

4 minutes ago, Gerowen said:

I was figuring it was possibly an IP ban or something, either intended for somebody who abused that PA IP address in the past, or because I usually log in from Kentucky and then all of a sudden I'm showing up as being in PA.  It's no biggie, just wanted to bring it to your attention, ?

Forgive me, I just woke up. The IP for your cell/mobile hotspot has indeed been banned under a different user account.

1 minute ago, Jim K said:

Went ahead and hid your IP addresses ... I placed in where just the staff could see them.

I'm assuming you're just have issues with the 107 IP addy?  The 172 IP, I believe, isn't banned.

Yes, just the IP that's showing up as being in Pennsylvania (107); I'm guessing that's where Cricket Wireless (or AT&T maybe, since they own Cricket) routes their mobile data connections.

I get this issue when I try and sign in with my google account. It says that I am banned. Yet I have never used my google account on this site before.

1 hour ago, Zeypher_ said:

I get this issue when I try and sign in with my google account. It says that I am banned. Yet I have never used my google account on this site before.

Someone did. 

4 hours ago, Gerowen said:

I purchased myself an RCA Cambio tablet PC that runs Windows 10, and I've spent my weekend experimenting with it and getting it set up to get work done throughout the week while I'm out and about.  I turned on the mobile hotspot feature of my cell phone and set up that connection so I'd have internet on the tablet and when I'm connected to the mobile hotspot I show up as being banned from Neowin.  When I'm connected to my regular home network I'm fine.  I have had a couple of warnings in the past on here for one thing or another, but they never amounted to anything and I've never been outright banned, at least that I was made aware of, and this message only appears when I try to log into Neowin using a mobile hotspot. (For some reason when I go to Neowin using my same browser when connected to the mobile hotspot it logs me out)

If you happen to have a chance to try again, let us know if it is fixed (settings have been changed).

2 hours ago, Zeypher_ said:

PM sent.