• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Wireless mouse issues

Question

jnelsoninjax    10,130

I have the Logitech G602 wireless gaming mouse and I have been noticing that when I attempt to use the mouse, it gets really laggy or jerky for a few seconds then it sometimes smooths out. This is especially problematic during game play. The driver and firmware are both up to date, and I do not seem to have any other items, but the mouse is the only thing that is wireless in the system, could moving the receiver to the front of the case make a difference?

10 answers to this question

Mindovermaster    1,394

Moving it to the front can help. I have a Logitech M317 wireless mouse that I had similar problems with. Could be the battery, too, possibly.

But after I got my Razer BlackWidow Chroma v2, it has USB pass-through. So I used that port for my mouse reciever and helped a lot.

jnelsoninjax    10,130
6 hours ago, Mindovermaster said:

Moving it to the front can help. I have a Logitech M317 wireless mouse that I had similar problems with. Could be the battery, too, possibly.

But after I got my Razer BlackWidow Chroma v2, it has USB pass-through. So I used that port for my mouse reciever and helped a lot.

I'll try moving it, the battery is not an issue (I know, I just changed them last week and they last for a while)

Mindovermaster    1,394
7 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

I'll try moving it, the battery is not an issue (I know, I just changed them last week and they last for a while)

Yeah, my mouse battery lasts 3 months. And I'm on my computer a lot. :)

techbeck    6,182
3 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Yeah, my mouse battery lasts 3 months. And I'm on my computer a lot. :)

Just 3 months?  Mine is going on 6+ months for my mouse and I use it 9+ hours a day.  Also, never have to change my KB batteries since it is solar powered.

Mindovermaster    1,394
4 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Just 3 months?  Mine is going on 6+ months for my mouse and I use it 9+ hours a day.  Also, never have to change my KB batteries since it is solar powered.

Yeah, might be 3-4. Dunno. Is your mouse current? Bought this mouse about 2 years ago.

techbeck    6,182
2 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Yeah, might be 3-4. Dunno. Is your mouse current? Bought this mouse about 2 years ago.

Logitech M705 mouse is what I have at work.   Couple years old or so.  May depend on the mouse as well.

• Like 1

Circaflex    3,367

Where's your wireless router? In the same room? You can try getting a use extender and using that for the receiver. I've also read some of the wireless mice work a tad better using a USB3 port, however YMMV.

+goretsky    876

Hello,

Definitely change the orientation of the wireless USB dongle.  You may even to consider using a short USB 2.0 extension cable with it to bring it closer to the mouse.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

jnelsoninjax    10,130

Well this might be snake oil, but I pulled the case out a few inches from where is was sitting, and suddenly I no longer have the issues I was having before, I suspect that it works because the dongle is plugged into a rear USB port, and when the case is pushed almost against the wall there was/is issues getting the signal to the mouse, and again maybe it's snake oil, but it defiantly responds better.