• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Microsoft Store employee claims a Microsoft-branded Android phone is launching soon

Yogurth    2,011
Posted (edited)

"Microsoft pulled the plug off its mobile OS – Windows 10 Mobile last year with Windows 10 Creators Update being the last major OS release in conjunction with the desktop build. Ever since Microsoft has been only releasing builds with security and bug fixes with no new features.

However, a Microsoft Store employee claims that the Microsoft engineering team is actively working on “a new line of phones”. And no, it’s not a part of the Lumia series (for some obvious reasons) neither we’re sure whether the Surface team is behind it. What we know, however, is that this new edition of Android-powered phones will be sold on Microsoft Store."

Microsoft-phone-leak.jpg

Windows Latest

Finally some info on the only logical step left for Microsoft's mobile plans. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

+JHBrown    12,354

A Microsoft Store employee, with inside scoop of what’s happening with the engineering team? Sounds pretty solid to me. ?

• Like 1

Yogurth    2,011
16 minutes ago, JHBrown said:

A Microsoft Store employee, with inside scoop of what’s happening with the engineering team? Sounds pretty solid to me. ?

Lol, true but amusing anyway :)

Brandon H    2,069

i don't foresee them coming out with a MS branded android device any time soon. I mean they can't even keep project Andromeda afloat

theyarecomingforyou    10,128

Who cares if it's true? There isn't a market demand for a Microsoft branded Android phone.

shockz    4,253
Posted (edited)

He changed his tone pretty quick after the whole journalism thing came to light lol.

This would only make sense, MS branded phone running Android with their lancher, preinstalled MS apps, and the ablity to tie in with Windows PC Including texts and phone calls + all the apps of play store might be pretty decent.