Forza Horizon 4 Official - Does the UK really have 4 seasons?

Seeing as I've made the official Forza threads for the last few years I've been more than slack on this one with real life getting a hold of me but it's time to get around to it.

Official Trailer

Official Information 

Forza Horizon 4 is our latest title in the award-winning Forza Horizon series launching worldwide on Xbox One, Windows 10 and Xbox Game Pass on October 2, 2018 as an Xbox Play Anywhere title.

This highly anticipated follow-up to 2016’s breakout hit Forza Horizon 3 brings players dynamic seasons in a shared open-world that change every week. Experience beautiful, historic Britain in spectacular native 4K and HDR, collect over 450 cars, and become a Horizon Superstar.

Seasons Change Everything

Forza Horizon 4 features dynamic seasons that change gameplay, unlocking new events and routes, impacting driving conditions, and transforming open-world exploration – all in native 4K and HDR. Players will be able to master driving in dry, wet, muddy, snowy and icy conditions in a shared world where everyone experiences changes in time of day, weather and seasons together.

Open-World Freedom

Forza Horizon 4 allows players to choose their path to becoming a Horizon Superstar. We’re proud to introduce two of our most fan-requested features – a brand new Route Creator that lets you design and share your own custom race routes anywhere in the open world and the option to play at 60 frames per second for players on Xbox One X.

Collect Over 450 Cars and Customize Your Horizon Life

With over 450 cars from more than 100 licensed manufacturers, Forza Horizon 4 features the largest and most diverse Horizon car roster yet with all the customization options Forza players love, like new Drift Suspension upgrades and driver personalization with character clothing, accessories and emotes. And for the first time in the Horizon series, players can own property that unlocks new items and gameplay perks.

Go it Alone or Team Up

Players can choose to play alone, cooperatively or join multiplayer for casual fun or ranked teams. In addition, integrated Mixer broadcasting and spectating features add to an already fun and rewarding experience.

Official Screenshots

fd2d6947-478f-4544-ae6e-7390474672f4.jpg

dd9f5de5-ce64-49c1-8393-1784ab146a50.jpg5060404d-03b8-4b4d-9ba7-579f35c18f7c.jpg

Game Editions & Bonuses

Prices and comparisons here.

This game will also be available day 1 on game pass!

45 Minutes of Gameplay preview.

Probably in the minority here but I wish they'd implement VR support on PC. Not sure if it is at all feasible but I'd love it all the same. An open world racing title in VR: that's the dream.

22 hours ago, Billus said:

Probably in the minority here but I wish they'd implement VR support on PC. Not sure if it is at all feasible but I'd love it all the same. An open world racing title in VR: that's the dream.

The cockpit view is there and I don't think it would be that hard to implement I think the only reason they haven't yet as being a 90% console seller might ###### xbox owners  off when there starts to be feature differences? I think we'll be waiting for Forza 8 launch title for the next xbox for VR to be fully implemented into the engine, and then Horizon a year or two after that sadly for open world VR.

Shaping up to be a nice addition to the series. 

Also I clearly live in the wrong part of the UK :P It doesn't look anything like that!

Spring on Mixer with the team hour of showing - https://mixer.com/ForzaMotorsport?vod=46690149

Winter on Mixer with the team hour of showing - https://mixer.com/ForzaMotorsport?vod=45379557

Autumn on Mixer with the team hour of showing - https://mixer.com/ForzaMotorsport?vod=43980837

Summer on Mixer with the ream hour of showing - https://mixer.com/ForzaMotorsport?vod=42660051

I was happy to say FH3 would be the best racer of the generation before, even before it launched and was proven right when it dropped. I didn't think it could be out done, a racer beating an Australian home based game? But this is shaping up to maybe prove me wrong. Looks stunning. And I really want a playground games mug.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

TrueAchievements had an exclusive of the Horizon 4 achievement list. There are 55 in total, amounting to 1000G. List below. 

Welcome to Britain (10) - Arrive at the Horizon Festival

Pride Before the Fall (10) - Qualify for Horizon Autumn

Snow Problem (10) - Qualify for Horizon Winter

Optional Extras (10) - Apply your first Car Mastery

Spring Into Action (10)- Qualify for Horizon Spring

Welcome to a New Horizon (30) - Qualify for the Horizon Roster

Jolly Cooperation (20) - Complete 5 Horizon Life Co-op Races

Human After All (20) - Complete 5 PvP Races

There’s No 'I' in Team (10) - Take part in your first #FORZATHON Live Event

Teamwork Makes the Dream Work (20) - Complete Round 3 of a #FORZATHON Live Event

Life of the Party (30) - Take part in 20 #FORZATHON Live Events, completing at least Round 1 in each

Whatever Next? (20) - Complete every Showcase Event

Colossus of Roads (20) - Reach Round 10 in the Horizon Road Racing Series

Muddied (20) - Reach Round 10 in the Horizon Dirt Racing Series

Bouncy Bouncy, Having Such a Good Time! (20) Reach Round 10 in the Horizon Cross Country Series

I Live My Life… (20) - Reach Round 10 in the Horizon Drag Racing Series

Moonlighting (20) - Reach Round 10 of Street Scene

Horizon Fashion Week (20) - Unlock 100 clothing items for your character

Official Horizon Board Game(20) - Smash all 200 Bonus Boards

I Feel the Need (10) - Reach Speed Trap Hero level 10

Apex Predator (10)- Reach Speed Zone Hero level 10

Pilot’s License (10) - Reach Danger Sign Hero level 10

"Do you know what 'DK' stands for?" (10) - Reach level 10 in The Drift Run

Auto Barn (10) - Find and restore your first Barn Find

Antique Restorer (20) - Find and restore 15 Barn Finds

Taking the Grand Tour (20) - View every Beauty Spot

An Illustrious Career (20) - Finish 40 different Horizon Story chapters

Star Centurion (50) - Get 100 stars in Horizon Stories

Week Complete (10) - Complete a #FORZATHON Weekly Challenge

Crowning Achievement (20) - Purchase a castle

Special Edition (10) - Get your first Forza Edition Car from a Wheelspin

Test your Might (20) - Complete The Trial

First-Time Adventurer (10) - Complete your first Team Adventure

The Spirit of Adventure (20) - Reach level 5 in Racing Team Adventure, Games Team Adventure, or Anything Goes Team Adventure

Certified Adventurer (20) - Qualify for a League in Ranked Team Adventure

Well Seasoned (10) - Complete a Season Championship and receive a reward

Overachiever (10) - Complete a Season PR Stunt and receive a reward

Purple Split! (10) - In Rivals, beat a Rival without receiving a "dirty time" penalty

Hit the Jackpot (10) - Spin your first Super Wheelspin

Stunt Superhero (50) - Get 3 stars on every PR Stunt

First Love (10) - Buy your first car from the Autoshow

Go the Distance (20) - Win a race at The Colossus, The Gauntlet, The Titan or The Marathon

The Noisy Cartographer (20) - Drive down every road in Britain

At One with the Car (10) - Apply every Car Mastery available for a single car

Master of Many (20) - Apply 50 Car Masteries

Accomplished Driver (10) - Reach Level 20

Horizon Superstar (50) - Gain Superstar Status by reaching Level 200

Reaping the Rewards (50) - Complete a race of 3 or more laps at The Goliath in a Forza Edition Car

Tortoise and the Hare (20) - Complete a PvP Showdown Race in an X class and a D class car

Hatch Me If You Can (20) - Complete the Festival Drag Strip in a Hot Hatch in under 25 seconds

Record Breaker (20) - Get 258mph on a Speed Trap in the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport

Ground Force (20) - Get 3 stars at a Danger Sign in a vehicle from the Trucks Car Type

Coronation Trickin' (20) - Bank a Skill Chain of 195,300 or more points

Never Tell Me the Odds (20) - Win a race in the Peel P50

Tame the Monster (20) - Complete a race in an S1 class Rally Monster

I spotted a few, which I thought were interesting

• Jolly Cooperation (20) - Complete 5 Horizon Life Co-op Races - co-op races?

• I Live My Life… (20) - Reach Round 10 in the Horizon Drag Racing Series - is drag racing a new race type?

• Horizon Fashion Week (20) - Unlock 100 clothing items for your character -  Hopefully no silly microtransactions for clothing

• Star Centurion (50) - Get 100 stars in Horizon Stories  - Do we have details on Horizon Stories?

• Crowning Achievement (20) - Purchase a castle - You can buy a castle???

• Test your Might (20) - Complete The Trial - What's The Trial?

• First-Time Adventurer (10) - Complete your first Team Adventure - Team Adventures, what are those?

I've missed some of the news, so Team Adventures and Stories have probably already been announced :p

Source

• Like 1

On 8/17/2018 at 5:06 AM, Orange said:

Does look great!! I need to buy a Xbox

You can run FH4 on a Windows 10 PC (of course that meet min. requirements) 

Nice, should get some time this week to give it a try. I let my GamePass expire as I wasn't playing anything from the list but if I enjoy it, this will certainly get me to re-subscribe. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've only managed to get a small amount of time in, I enjoyed it and I'll definitely be coming back to it. The game looks beautiful and the handling of cars feels brilliant, but then it is a Forza game so I didn't expect anything but that. I've never been a huge fan of the FH series and much prefer the FM side of proper track racing so it won't keep my attention for too long.

• Like 1

My favorite XBox title. I swore they changed up how they handle Blueprints in this one but I was proven to be wrong by some nice member at Era (they even included helpful screenshots to prove how wrong I was lol). My only complaint is there is a bit too much going on, if that is even a complaint. Otherwise it is amazing as always. Think I am currently at Level 50 and just waiting for my wife to fall asleep so I can play some more tonight.

With that said, not looking forward to the Winter Season. i was all over the damn place in the prologue even after playing Blizzard Mountain in FH3.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DirtyLarry said:

My favorite XBox title. I swore they changed up how they handle Blueprints in this one but I was proven to be wrong by some nice member at Era (they even included helpful screenshots to prove how wrong I was lol). My only complaint is there is a bit too much going on, if that is even a complaint. Otherwise it is amazing as always. Think I am currently at Level 50 and just waiting for my wife to fall asleep so I can play some more tonight.

With that said, not looking forward to the Winter Season. i was all over the damn place in the prologue even after playing Blizzard Mountain in FH3.

There's always to many races available that's the truth or only reveal a small amount then let me knock most of them off before revealing more again 😆 In the snow my plan will be load up the Range Rover and go for gold since the circuits normally adapt to the car. Loving the stuntman and car delivery, buying of houses and the rewards they've added this time around.

Edit -  If anyone can be bothered link your mixer account and load up a FH4 stream and sit it idle in the background good way to farm some super spins or influence while at work.

On 7/21/2018 at 10:34 AM, Billus said:

I do too. I played Project Cars on my VIve and it was amazing. Graphics weren't the greatest, but it was super cool actually BEING in the cockpit.

3 hours ago, Vandalsquad said:

There's always to many races available that's the truth or only reveal a small amount then let me knock most of them off before revealing more again 😆 In the snow my plan will be load up the Range Rover and go for gold since the circuits normally adapt to the car. Loving the stuntman and car delivery, buying of houses and the rewards they've added this time around.

Edit -  If anyone can be bothered link your mixer account and load up a FH4 stream and sit it idle in the background good way to farm some super spins or influence while at work.

Did not know that about the Mixer. I never messed with it at all but if I can get some Super Spins out of it, I will give that a go! Thanks!

And yeah I just finished the Stuntman Chapters, need to try the Rentals and other one about a blogger or something like that. I am doing a little bit of everything. Definitely not just going all good cars either since the competition will match you. So mixing things up with a little bit of everything so I can keep winning. LOL

So far my best purchase was that 2 Million Credit house. Got 10 Super Spins and made back 1.5 Million in credits, got about 10 cars including 2 FE ones, and now can Fast Travel anywhere for 200 credits. Was well worth the purchase on my end and paid for itself.

It is a great game. I still love it. I just kind of miss it having an end goal. It is pretty much open ended now so there is a little bit of a feels like it will never end. I know most people love that approach to games these days. I am old school and prefer some kind of end goal. I am still playing it though, and still loving it. Just different is all.

4 hours ago, Vandalsquad said:

If anyone can be bothered link your mixer account and load up a FH4 stream and sit it idle in the background good way to farm some super spins or influence while at work.

Thanks. I don't get to play often so this will be helpful.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vandalsquad said:

So I signed up for Mixer, what do I need to do exactly? I choose Launch Mixer but nothing happens, just brings me to the app itself. I am assuming I need to broadcast but not seeing how to do that.

Have played through most of Fh4, the multiplayer racing is abysmal though.

They've changed it to teams only, you can't see laptimes, no collision free racing. It's basically a destruction derby every race.