Weird problem

So my car was not wanting to come out of first gear so I changed transmission fluid which it was due for a change and the filter and pressure control solenoid my abs light was on due to a damaged wheel hub after the transmission fluid change and having the battery disconnected while I worked on it the abs light is no longer on so now when I go to accelerate the car feels like it braking itself and rpms drop down to as if it were idling but it does this in first gear and third gear so would it be a safety mechanism for the abs or is it a transmission problem?? It is a 2012 dodge avenger

Punctuation helps people understand your thoughts.  

I am not sure where to go with this. It sounds like you might have transmission issues.  You probably should get that looked at by a professional. 

Probably the Input/Output speed sensor(s) on the transmission (which shouldn't be too hard to replace)...though a bit surprised the ABS won't light back up (unless it just hasn't thrown an error yet...or you have bigger issues).

As sc302 said ... best to get it looked at by a professional.  :)

Yes, by all means post a vehicle related question to a computer technology site.  And yes, by all means, follow the advice given.  Surely most computer savvy folks are car mechanics as well.

Would you ask your car mechanic to repair your home computer? Even if by chance he happens to know "something" about them?

5 minutes ago, Rohdekill said:

Yes, by all means post a vehicle related question to a computer technology site.  And yes, by all means, follow the advice given.  Surely most computer savvy folks are car mechanics as well.

Would you ask your car mechanic to repair your home computer? Even if by chance he happens to know "something" about them?

Actually I can do quite a bit and suggest quite a few repairs.  Hobby used to be auto repair/performance increase by actually modifying motors (not slapping on an “intake”, inexperienced teenagers think it is a performance gain). The Sc in screen name stands for supercharged, which was one of my aftermarket modifications done to a 302 (5.0l) ford motor. 

The op isnt really giving enough info to go off of and reading their wall of text is difficult for me to comprehend exactly what is going on.  Without the right equipment to diagnose potential sensor issues as well as driving the car to see/hear what exactly is going on, I would not want to state anything that could or couldn’t be the issue as there are a lot of moving parts (quite literally) that can cause or add to the issue.