Terminator: Dark Fate

Not much else is known about the movie at this time other than it's a direct sequel to the original movies.

Edited by Jim K
Updated topic title

Well since Linda is in it, it has to be a sequel to T2, which probably means anything we have so far after T2 is getting deleted.   Personally the terminator franchise would've been fine with just the original and T2, Skynet done with and all is well, but nope, Hollywood of course decided to milk it to heck and T3 and up are just a mess.

When you need a guide to keep track of your movie timeline then you know you've screwed something up big time.

10 hours ago, George P said:

Well since Linda is in it, it has to be a sequel to T2, which probably means anything we have so far after T2 is getting deleted.   Personally the terminator franchise would've been fine with just the original and T2, Skynet done with and all is well, but nope, Hollywood of course decided to milk it to heck and T3 and up are just a mess.

When you need a guide to keep track of your movie timeline then you know you've screwed something up big time.

Yeah, they did say it's a sequel to T2.

I'm curious about the kid (who looks like Justin Bieber) in the picture with the interesting scars on his body.

We probably won't have a trailer at least until early next year though.

3 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

Yeah, they did say it's a sequel to T2.

I'm curious about the kid (who looks like Justin Bieber) in the picture with the interesting scars on his body.

We probably won't have a trailer at least until early next year though.

I thought it was a woman....I "see" three women in the picture.  On the one note I'm like yeah ? more women empowerment.  Before I'm called sexist, I'm all for women in movies, just when it feels natural not forcing it just to say you're equal.

12 minutes ago, macrosslover said:

I thought it was a woman....I "see" three women in the picture.  On the one note I'm like yeah ? more women empowerment.  Before I'm called sexist, I'm all for women in movies, just when it feels natural not forcing it just to say you're equal.

?

I guess it is a women, her name is Mackenzie Davis (she was in Bladerunner 2049). That is a really unfortunate hair cut for her, which is all I really payed attention to. Didn't take a closer look.

Also, according to IMDB Arnold will also be in the movie as the terminator (obviously).

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6450804/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

It's probably too early to say this will be a feminist empowerment propaganda movie pushed out from Hollywood but there has been a trend of that recently... it's okay to be worried.

Also, it seems the release date is at this point in time November 22, 2019.

Edited by trag3dy

I really don't want to see a new Terminator movie, but if it erases the events of Terminator Genisys out of existence then it's not all bad.

Well, I'll hold out judgement until the day the trailer comes out ... but this tweet looks uninspiring.  I like Mackenzie Davis (she was excellent in Halt and Catch Fire/Black Mirror) ... but what the hell is with her pin striping.  Linda Hamilton looks bad ass ... as she was in T2.  There is hope for the series salvation though since James Cameron is back as producer and Tim Miller is directing.

But, meh for now. 

13 hours ago, trag3dy said:

Not much else is known about the movie at this time other than it's a direct sequel to the original movies.

also it follows the latest Hollywood trend - remove all male characters from the movie... :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, macrosslover said:

I hear ya... Star Trek series, Ghost Busters, Oceans 8, now I even heard there are few other remakes with female only lead characters.....

11 hours ago, astropheed said:

Surely that was intentional.

Yea. Couldn't figure out how to incorporate "Rise of the Machines" or "Genisys" into my post. :(

I always thought they should make a movie that picks up where the Sara Conner Chronicles left off. That show wasn't the greatest but it had some interesting concepts and Derek Reese was a cool character.

9 hours ago, Jim K said:

Yea. Couldn't figure out how to incorporate "Rise of the Machines" or "Genisys" into my post. :(

Only just now noticed salvation... And here I thought I was observant.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2018 at 4:38 AM, Euphoria said:

I hear ya... Star Trek series, Ghost Busters, Oceans 8, now I even heard there are few other remakes with female only lead characters.....

You heard it here first folks... Not John Connor, Jane Connor!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/2/2018 at 5:09 AM, Timi Cantisano said:

i want to see another terminator movie IF James Cameron is directing. none of this producer credit shenanigans. 

Spot on my friend!!

He needs to come back and do it him self.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Orange said:

Spot on my friend!!

He needs to come back and do it him self.

i think he actually gains back the rights to the franchise in 2019. 

That's what i've heard on the web. I know hes a producer in this one but you think he would want to direct a actual Terminator film? As he is directing Avatar 2 & 3

• 1 month later...
On 8/1/2018 at 10:06 AM, George P said:

To make a sequel to T2, I would have used S.M. Sterling's book series which was done in 3 parts: "T2: Infiltrator" (2001), "T2: Rising Storm" (2003), "T2: The Future War" (2004).  But instead we got the ###### stuff!

• 4 months later...

So it seems kind of weird to me that they're focusing more on Sarah than John, who was supposed to be the savior... Like I watched the video in the article @Zathras5 linked and he isn't even mentioned once. They mentioned Arnold as the terminator, the other girls (it's very female centric they say, for better or worse) in the story, but no John.

They'll time trip the hell out of it and John will become Jenny or something and that'll be the end of this series for good, I hope at least.

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't mind the others post T2, although T3 was the worst. 

However, seeing that photo makes me think this will be the worst. 

• Like 2

I really enjoyed T3 as an action flick but T4 was too far removed. I haven't seen T5.