Terminator: Dark Fate

On 2/10/2019 at 3:25 PM, trag3dy said:

So it seems kind of weird to me that they're focusing more on Sarah than John, who was supposed to be the savior... Like I watched the video in the article @Zathras5 linked and he isn't even mentioned once. They mentioned Arnold as the terminator, the other girls (t's very female centric they say, for better or worse) in the story, but no John.

I think John (*correction Kyle Reese) is still in, he is the girl int he middle-picture after several surgical attempts to change his gender... he keeps his tool so he can still impregnate Sarah :D welcome to the age of lunacy!

Edited by Euphoria

11 minutes ago, Euphoria said:

I think John is still in, he is the girl int he middle-picture after several surgical attempts to change his gender... he keeps his tool so he can still impregnate Sarah :D welcome to the age of lunacy!

John is supposed to be her son, you're thinking of Kyle Reese.

• 2 months later...

Hmmm....dunno about this.

So, the T-800 is just living in a cabin, getting old and scruffy?

CGI looks pretty bad (though they have about 5-6 months to clean it up)

Sarah looks bad ass though.

I don't understand.

Are they writing John out of the story or what? Why do we care about this girl? Why do we care about older Sarah? According to the earlier movies she dies of cancer, are they changing that? What is the T-800 doing there and more importantly how is the T-800 there at all? Are they stealing a page from Salvations book by using cyborgs?

So many questions and I probably won't like any of the answers.

Also, Linda Hamilton seems like she forgot how to play Sarah. Maybe better trailers will come out later.

I'll probably end up watching it at some point. I've got hope for it given that David S. Goyer is one of the writers.

It really makes you wonder where John is and what the heck is going on at this point?  Cuz of Sarahs age this does fall after T2, so I'm guessing they're flat out ignoring everything from T3 to before this?   Or is this actually after T3?  And that's the t-800 from T3?  I don't remember how T3 actually ended anymore.

They've pretty much screwed the pooch with all this time travel BS.

On 3/9/2019 at 6:24 AM, Elliot B. said:

I really enjoyed T3 as an action flick but T4 was too far removed. I haven't seen T5.

It's awful don't waste your time. I sort of enjoyed T4. It had potential even if it missed the mark. But T5 ...

3 minutes ago, George P said:

It really makes you wonder where John is and what the heck is going on at this point?  Cuz of Sarahs age this does fall after T2, so I'm guessing they're flat out ignoring everything from T3 to before this?   Or is this actually after T3?  And that's the t-800 from T3?  I don't remember how T3 actually ended anymore.

They've pretty much screwed the pooch with all this time travel BS.

Supposedly this movie pretends like everything after T2 never happened (or hasn't happened yet?!?!?!) but they are obviously and definitely stealing elements from the other movies.

Still though, I can understand and even agree to an extent that moving the franchise away from John the Savior is a good move but you can't just completely write him out.

1 minute ago, trag3dy said:

Supposedly they're going to ignore everything that happens after T2 but they are obviously and definitely stealing elements from the other movies.

I'm fine with that thinking but then how do they explain the T-800 we just saw?   I still remember the ending to T2 clearly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, George P said:

I'm fine with that thinking but then how do they explain the T-800 we just saw?   I still remember the ending to T2 clearly.

James Cameron says that Arnold Schwarzenegger will play the human basis for the T-800 in Terminator 6.

Source

Why is it every time they always send the obsolete model back to be the one who protects someone instead of sending the newer model? They end up going through all kinds of hell with the liquid metal ones.

30 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

Well that makes a bit of sense, now I know.

21 minutes ago, Gotenks98 said:

Why is it every time they always send the obsolete model back to be the one who protects someone instead of sending the newer model? They end up going through all kinds of hell with the liquid metal ones.

I figure since it's the resistance sending them back to help, the best they can do is capture and reprogram a older model.   

Even know i love the series they are far to many years apart, Terminator 3 was 12 years after T2, They keep mucking around with the story line and to be honest i don't think this film will make much money at the box office.

• 1 month later...

We need to get off of this dumb PG-13 stint Hollywood has been on for so long. R rated movies can and have made money, not everything needs kids to be able to see it. 

• Like 3

Here's the panel from SDCC, might wanna watch it quickly because sometimes these get nuked by Youtube/Paramount etc real fast. Its a good panel actually, lots of swearing which they did to confirm the R rating (Tim Miller confirms it also lol) and seeing Linda Hamilton so into it gives me high hopes. Arnold doesn't show up until about 30 minutes in (its 45 mins long) so he's not there long. But he is there. Enjoy (while its up!)

8 hours ago, warwagon said:

Wonder if that is what all the reshoots were for. Every body was probably complaining that Edward didn't come back so they just reshot the movie and put him.

Well I don't know the plot but really how can you do this and not have John Connor?  I don't know who the chick is suppose to be but to just flip the script and having no John in the movie makes zero sense after the original 2 made such a big point about it.

7 hours ago, George P said:

Well I don't know the plot but really how can you do this and not have John Connor?  I don't know who the chick is suppose to be but to just flip the script and having no John in the movie makes zero sense after the original 2 made such a big point about it.

Well they keep saying this movie is about Sarah more than anything and the "consequences" to her decision to destroy Cyberdyne in T2. So maybe Skynet still gets built but there are other things that happen that now don't involve John Connor and Sarah Connor etc. Like, John is still the "leader of the resistance" and all that but the girl they save in this one is important in another way (obviously she is). Who knows though. John Connor in this seems like a last minute addition because people were like wtf no John Connor - even though they made him the bad guy in the last one and now we're never gonna know how that story was gonna go either but I digress.

Ok after seeing a video synopsis on the movie (from a channel I don't really like, but whatever) just now I have to say, I like the story direction they are taking if this synopsis is accurate. I will also say, a lot of people will not like a specific thing if it turns out to be true. There are also conflicting reports from multiple "sources" and mis-direction possibly happening because of the Genisys debacle with those trailers etc. That being said, I would recommend if you go searching for this stuff, just beware of spoilers since some of this may or may not be true etc etc the usual stuff.

Never knew... It's scary looking through Linda Hamilton's IMDb profile and her last big film was Dante's Peak, 1997. While she was good in the tv film, Silent Night 2002.

On 7/19/2019 at 4:27 AM, George P said:

We need to get off of this dumb PG-13 stint Hollywood has been on for so long. R rated movies can and have made money, not everything needs kids to be able to see it. 

I'm all for R rated movies but at the same time I'm also against pandering. If they're making it r rated just because they think that's what their audience wants and only because they want to fill the dialog with swearing then that just seems stupid to me.

We'll see how it goes I guess but so far nothing I've seen says to me that this will be a good movie.

• Like 1