• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

I want to Install Windows 10 on my laptop

davidsmith3988    0

Hello friends, Can someone please guide me that how i can install windows 10 OS on my laptop. Mostly i installed Windows OS 7 that's why no idea about Windows 10 OS installation process. I hope will get positive response.

Steven P.    12,573

It puts the Windows in the Laptop

download.jpg

• Haha 2

Jose_49    973

Hi David, welcome to the forums. 

Before proceeding do you know your laptop specs? (CPU, GPU, HDD or SSD?, RAM). This will give us some idea whether it's a good idea or not...

• Like 1

George P    5,009

If the specs match then it's just a matter of doing the same thing you probably did with Windows 7.   You can grab the windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a bootable install USB or DVD.

• Like 1

Brandon H    2,593

the installation process for 10 prior to getting to the OOBE is identical to 7 so if you don't have trouble going through the 7 install steps then you shouldn't have any issue with 10 either

• Like 1

George P    5,009

Doesn't MS also have a upgrade/install hardware check tool?  Or does the media creation tool do the hardware check before it starts downloading?  I forget, I haven't done a clean install of Windows 10 since original RTM 3 years ago.

• Haha 1

Brandon H    2,593
Just now, George P said:

Doesn't MS also have a upgrade/install hardware check tool?  Or does the media creation tool do the hardware check before it starts downloading?  I forget, I haven't done a clean install of Windows 10 since original RTM 3 years ago.

yeah i think they merged all that into the media creation tool

davidsmith3988    0
On 8/3/2018 at 6:51 PM, Jose_49 said:

Hi David, welcome to the forums. 

Before proceeding do you know your laptop specs? (CPU, GPU, HDD or SSD?, RAM). This will give us some idea whether it's a good idea or not...

I am using HP Probook having i3 processor, 500GB Storage and 8GB RAM. 

On 8/3/2018 at 7:50 PM, Brandon H said:

the installation process for 10 prior to getting to the OOBE is identical to 7 so if you don't have trouble going through the 7 install steps then you shouldn't have any issue with 10 either

Thanks dear...

Jose_49    973
3 hours ago, davidsmith3988 said:

I am using HP Probook having i3 processor, 500GB Storage and 8GB RAM.

Good! That'll work!!!

As Brandon said it's the same process as Windows 7, are you planning to do an upgrade or a clean install?

spyhop    0

use bootable pen drive,

1-plug pen drive on port.

2-restart laptop.

3-u will be reach at installation process easily.

zhangm    1,332

Off-topic posts have been hidden.

goretsky    1,002

Hello,

Visit https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and click on the Download tool now button under the Create Windows 10 Installation Media section to save the Windows installation media creation tool.  Run it, insert a blank 8GB (or higher capacity) USB flash drive, and follow the instructions on the screen to download and write the Windows 10 installation media to the USB flash drive.   Then, restart your computer and tell it to boot from the USB flash drive containing Windows 10 in order to start the installation, and follow the instructions from there.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky