fsb or timings...

Ok... my p4 2.4 fsb is at 285 and it's gonna stay there. I just got some mushkin level ii pc3500 (and i'm not that impressed). Problem is, only one of the sticks will run with the 5:4 multiplier at this speed. The crap stick won't even do pc3500 like it's supposed to. Memtest gives me errors up the wazoo and I can't even boot into Windows. I RMA'd the damn thing, but I swear they just sent the same stick back. So here's my dilemma... should I

A) keep the crappy mushkin ram and just run it at a 3:2 multiplier, making the ram run at 189 mhz, BUT with 2-2-2-5 timings OR

B) go crying back to OCZ and get 226 mhz at 2.5-4-4-7

if it isn't running at what it's rated for then take it back.

agreed, dont get pushed over for crappy ram. take it back and make then kiss your feet for making ****ty ram in the first place and wasting your time. ;)

Ok... my p4 2.4 fsb is at 285 and it's gonna stay there. I just got some mushkin level ii pc3500 (and i'm not that impressed). Problem is, only one of the sticks will run with the 5:4 multiplier at this speed. The crap stick won't even do pc3500 like it's supposed to. Memtest gives me errors up the wazoo and I can't even boot into Windows. I RMA'd the damn thing, but I swear they just sent the same stick back. So here's my dilemma... should I

A) keep the crappy mushkin ram and just run it at a 3:2 multiplier, making the ram run at 189 mhz, BUT with 2-2-2-5 timings OR

B) go crying back to OCZ and get 226 mhz at 2.5-4-4-7

You are really messing up actually.

PC3500 Operates at 434MHz. You're trying to run it at.. ~ 452MHz.

Gee nowonder it doesn't even work.. :rolleyes:

Are you evening following the FSB Chart?

post-49-1067711331.jpg