With Newton Mail shutting down . . .

Had not heard of that one before but on googling it looks like a fairly standard multi-protocol email client. is there anything in particular that you liked about the client?

I mostly use the Outlook Android app on mobile and either MS Outlook or Windows 10 mail while on desktop myself for the Exchange ActiveSync support; (really wish Microsoft would open source it or at least allow 3rd party clients to use the protocol)

I used Newton back when it was CloudMagic. It was a great email client but ever since they went paid I couldn't justify the expensive subscription fee. Gmail provides most of the same functions now and it's free, I suspect this is the main reason why Newton couldn't stay afloat.

I'm pretty sure Newton announced a new feature just a few weeks ago too, it seems like they really don't know how to manage a business. 

Newton was a great email aggregator. Have multiple accounts with one single inbox to search. Just don't want Google, or Microsoft getting any more personal information than they already do!

I had hopes for Edison mail, but they state in their terms that they will use/sell your personal information. /sigh.

Might be worth looking into Blackberry Hub. This will ask for subscription or start showing ads after (I think) 30 days, but it does a good job of aggregating e-mail (and everything else) accounts into one or more views, it's very customisable.

When I say everything else, I mean Hub can include SMS, WhatsApp, Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, Slack, Skype, Skype for Business, and probably other messages in the views.

Also if you have a Blackberry running Android, it's free without ads!

Good luck