Doom Eternal

+trag3dy

I don't know if it's too early for an official thread but this is a thing, so here we are:

(the game looks amazing)

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
+trag3dy

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...
Jim K

Take all my money (I don't have much...but take it).

November 22, 2019

• Like 3
techbeck

Never could get in to the last Doom.  Slow, boring....got tired of it soon after playing.

• Thanks 1
+virtorio

We must have played a different Doom.

• Like 3
Circaflex
1 hour ago, Jim K said:

November 22, 2019

shut up and take my money! wow that was an awesome trailer

ZakO
2 hours ago, techbeck said:

Never could get in to the last Doom.  Slow, boring....got tired of it soon after playing.

IMO you need to play it on the higher difficulties for Doom 2016 to be fun. Originally I played it through on 'Hurt me plenty' and thought the same as you, slow, boring 5/10 game. Recently played it through again on Nightmare (and then Ultra-Nightmare) and it completely changed my opinion on the game, it went from 'meh' to one of my favourite current-gen games. Combat feels much faster/more intense when you actually get punished for being hit, makes you completely change your playstyle. 

Definitely looking forward to Eternal

techbeck
6 hours ago, ZakO said:

IMO you need to play it on the higher difficulties for Doom 2016 to be fun. Originally I played it through on 'Hurt me plenty' and thought the same as you, slow, boring 5/10 game. Recently played it through again on Nightmare (and then Ultra-Nightmare) and it completely changed my opinion on the game, it went from 'meh' to one of my favourite current-gen games. Combat feels much faster/more intense when you actually get punished for being hit, makes you completely change your playstyle. 

Definitely looking forward to Eternal

Gets to hard, seems like work.  And when it seems like work, I rather not play.  I play games to relax and have fun.  And if I have to grind to much or constantly get my ass handed to me, it is frustrating.

+trag3dy
9 hours ago, Jim K said:

November 22, 2019

I'm there.

It is a little bit of a kill joy to see that there is a season pass for dlc though.

Steam page:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/782330/DOOM_Eternal/

dipsylalapo

The 2016 Doom was a game that initially didn't interest me. I gave it a go when I got my Game Pass and loved. The pace is great and I love exploring the levels to find the hidden bits.

Watching the game play videos above has definitely got me interested in these games. The new weapons and being able to climb up walls will definitely make things more interesting. 

For those talking about ramping up the difficulty, I play on Hurt Me Plenty and it's a challenge!! My skills are definitely not what they used to be. 

Orange

I thought that of the old Doom game played few minutes to say 1hr didn't find it that good. 1 year later after release date i played again and loved it. Can't wait for this one looks fantastic!!

building a new rig purley for this game, already started ordering the parts.

Lian Li PC 011 etc ...

• 2 months later...
+LostCat

I don't know if you can change difficulty in the middle of a game but I need to.  I'm near the end of the last Doom and just haven't been able to proceed at all.

I'll probably get Eternal eventually...fun as 2016 definitely was, I don't know if I need it right away.

Co-ords

I honestly can't wait for this game to be released!! Have never played a game as much as Doom 2016!!

• 4 months later...
+trag3dy

I'm honestly not sure if it's good or bad thing that they're expanding the Doom lore so much. But at the end of the day I guess it doesn't matter as long as the game play remains awesome.

DirtyLarry

Very well may be my most anticipated game of 2020.

+trag3dy
On 1/15/2020 at 7:37 AM, DirtyLarry said:

Very well may be my most anticipated game of 2020.

Definitely in the first half of the year now that CP 2077 has been delayed. Which I'm honestly thankful for, April has too many good releases.

• 1 month later...
+trag3dy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By LoneWolfSL
      Weekend PC Game Deals: Quake your way through these specials
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Weekend PC Game Deals is where the hottest gaming deals from all over the internet are gathered into one place, every week, for your consumption. So kick back, relax, and hold on to your wallets.

The Humble Choice games for the month of August have been announced, refreshing the selection with 12 new titles. Check out the games being offered this time, below:

Vampyr Wargroove Little Big Workshop Genesis Alpha One Deluxe Edition American Fugitive A Case of Distrust Hello Neighbor + Hide and Seek Call of Cthulhu AutomaChef Through The Darkest of Times The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters We Were Here Together While the Basic $14.99 package will still only let you choose three games from these, the $19.99 Premium and $12 Classic subscription holders are getting a special deal this time. Holders of the latter two tiers will receive all 12 games instead of having to choose only some. The current selection of games will bid farewell on September 4.

A regular old Humble gaming bundle materialized this week too, with a large amount of Bohemia Interactive wares being offered in a four-tier collection.

The $1 tier offers you Arma X: Anniversary Edition, Take On Mars, Carrier Command: Gaea Mission, Take On Helicopters, and Fairy Tale About Father Frost, Ivan and Nastya. The next price jump is a rather drastic one, however. Paying more than the average - the amount currently sits at around $17 - will net you Arma 3, Original War, UFO: Afterlight, and the Ylands Exploration Pack expansion.

If you pay $20, that base Arma 3 will be joined by the three expansions Apex, Jets, Marksmen, and the Tac Ops Mission Pack. The final tier comes in at $30, and adds on DayZ plus the Arma 3 alien-focused single-player expansion Contact.

Moreover, the Double Fine and Raw Fury bundles from last week have received some late additions, with the former gaining Iron Brigade, Stacking, Hack 'n' Slash, and Spacebase DF-9, while the latter now also including Dandara: Trials of Fear Edition and Uurnog Uurnlimited. You have less than a week left to make a decision on either of these publisher bundles.

The Epic Games Store's giveaway plans expanded this week with the delivery of two more freebies for account holders. Replacing the trio from last week, this week you can grab Wilmot's Warehouse and 3 Out of 10 episode one.

Wilmot's Warehouse is a casual puzzle game about sorting and delivering products, where your own managing style affects your performance. Meanwhile, 3 Out of 10 is a newly released comedy title that explores the "world's worst video game studio". There are five episodes in total, with each one releasing weekly, for free.

As for next week, Epic Games Store is planning to host Remnant: From the Ashes and The Alto Collection as standard weekly freebies, plus a special 24-hour giveaway for Creative Assembly's new strategy game Total War Saga: TROY.

If you're into Formula One racing, Humble has also kicked off a giveaway for Codemaster's F1 2018. The giveaway will end on August 10, but you should probably hurry to grab a key early incase Humble's stock runs out.

Free Events

Quite a few games from various genres have kicked off free events this week, some are available just for the weekend while several are being kept online for much longer.

Starting off with the Steam offers, you can try out Borderlands 3 until August 12, letting you and three more friends join up for a loot-filled adventure. The MMORPG The Elder Scrolls Online is also having a free-to-play promotion, giving you complete access through August 19. Fighting fans can try out Street Fighter V for free this weekend as well.

Meanwhile over on the Microsoft Store, the ongoing Big Gaming Weekend promotion is offering free access to Gears 5, Subnautica, and ARK: Survival Evolved until August 10.

Big Deals
      Thanks to QuakeCon, you will find Bethesda games and bundles scattered throughout our two highlight lists today, alongside plenty of other games that have gone on sale for the weekend. You can also grab a free copy of Quake - and later, Quake II - if you log into the Bethesda Launcher during this weekend. Also, if you complete one match of the free to play Quake Champions this weekend during QuakeCon, you will get all Champions unlocked for free. It is available via Steam or the Bethesda launcher.

Arkane 20th Anniversary Bundle – $35.09 on Steam Wolfenstein Alt History Collection – $31.28 on Steam Borderlands 3 – $29.99 on Steam DOOM Eternal – $29.99 on Steam Borderlands 2 VR – $24.99 on Steam VTOL VR – $23.99 on Steam Gears 5 – $23.99 on Microsoft Store Elder Scrolls Summer Bundle – $21.3 on Steam Fallout 76 – $19.99 on Steam Darksiders Genesis – $19.79 on Steam Darksiders III – $19.79 on Steam Borderlands: The Handsome Collection – $14.99 on Fanatical Grand Theft Auto V – $14.99 on Steam Command & Conquer Remastered Collection – $13.99 on Fanatical Noita - Early Access – $13.49 on Steam Sanctum 2 - 4-Pack – $12.49 on Steam Lobotomy Corporation – $12.49 on Steam RAGE 2 – $11.99 on Steam Void Bastards – $11.99 on Steam Axiom Verge – $11.99 on Steam Cook, Serve, Delicious! 3?! - Early Access – $11.24 on Steam DiRT Rally 2.0 – $9.99 on Steam Quantum Break – $9.99 on Fanatical Borderlands Game of the Year – $9.89 on Steam Graveyard Keeper – $8.99 on Steam Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Don't Dry – $8.99 on Steam Motorsport Manager – $8.74 on Steam Fallout 4 – $8.09 on Fanatical Street Fighter V – $7.99 on Steam Shotgun Farmers – $6.99 on Steam DOOM – $5.39 on Fanatical Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition – $5.39 on Fanatical Titanfall 2 – $4.99 on Origin SPORE – $4.99 on Steam Invisible, Inc. – $4.99 on Steam Clustertruck – $4.94 on Steam Terraria – $3.99 on Humble Store X-Morph: Defense – $2.99 on Steam Punch Club – $2.99 on Steam City Of Brass – $2.99 on Steam Goat Simulator – $2.49 on Steam Party Hard – $2.49 on Steam To The Moon – $2.49 on Steam Zombie Driver HD – $1.49 on Steam Wilmot's Warehouse – $0 on Epic Store 3 Out of 10 – $0 on Epic Store F1 2018 – $0 on Humble Store DRM-free Goodness
      As expected, the QuakeCon sales have reached the DRM-free side too. Here are some highlights from that and more:

Dishonored: Complete Collection - $23.99 on GOG CrossCode - $15.99 on GOG Children of Morta - $13.19 on GOG The Messenger - $9.99 on GOG Prey: Digital Deluxe Edition - $9.99 on GOG Stardew Valley - $8.99 on GOG Wolfenstein: The Two Pack - $8.99 on GOG Into the Breach - $7.49 on GOG Moonlighter - $6.79 on GOG Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition - $5.99 on GOG Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition - $5.99 on GOG The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - GOTY - $5.99 on GOG Mount & Blade: Warband - $4.99 on GOG SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition - $4.99 on GOG The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind GOTY Edition - $4.49 on GOG FTL: Advanced Edition - $2.49 on GOG Carmageddon Max Pack - $2.49 on GOG IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 - $2.49 on GOG Medal of Honor: Allied Assault War Chest - $2.49 on GOG The Ultimate DOOM - $1.79 on GOG Alien Nations - $1.49 on GOG Alone in the Dark: The Trilogy 1+2+3 - $1.49 on GOG Keep in mind that availability and pricing for some deals may vary depending on the region you're in.

And that is it for our pick of this weekend's PC game deals folks, and hopefully, some of you have enough self-restraint to not add even more games to your growing backlogs this season. Of course, there is an enormous amount of more deals ready and waiting all over the internet if you comb through it hard enough, so keep your eyes open for those, and have a wonderful weekend.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Doom Eternal campaign expansion The Ancient Gods announced
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

During the QuakeCon at Home opening event, Bethesda and id Software announced the first campaign expansion coming to Doom Eternal. Check out the teaser trailer for The Ancient Gods: Part One above, which gives a small glimpse at some of the new environments and fights the Doom Slayer will be facing.

The Ancient Gods storyline will take place after the events of Doom Eternal, where hell and heaven have been thrown into chaos thanks to the Doom Slayer ripping and tearing through both of them. Here's how the new campaign is described by id:

The Year One season pass of Doom Eternal mentions it provides access to the first couple of expansions, meaning even more adventures of the Doom Slayer might get explored following The Ancient Gods: Part Two.

A full reveal of the expansion's first part, plus hopefully a release date, is slated to happen during the Geoff Keighley-hosted gamescom: Opening Night Live digital event on August 27. It was also confirmed recently that Doom Eternal would be getting Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 releases, with current-gen owners receiving free upgrades.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Doom Eternal and The Elder Scrolls Online are going next-gen, free to current owners
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Bethesda plans on bringing at least two of its games over to the next-generation consoles, with the company today announcing that id software's popular shooter Doom Eternal and ZeniMax Online Studios's MMORPG The Elder Scrolls Online are getting the upgrade treatment.

Those who've already purchased either of the games on Xbox One or PlayStation 4 will receive free copies of the next-generation versions if they jump over to the new consoles at any point. The company added that the development teams are also "working hard to ensure both titles will support backwards compatibility when the new consoles launch."

Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like the Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 versions of the duo will be available at launch on the consoles. The company says it will share details on the release window and enhancements these versions will carry in the coming months.

The free upgrades won't just be limited to Doom Eternal and The Elder Scrolls Online either:

Bethesda will be kicking off its all-digital QuakeCon at Home event on August 7, which will run through August 9. The company will have more to share regarding its upcoming projects and existing products during that.

• By Namerah S
      Bethesda unveils schedule for QuakeCon at Home
      by Namerah Saud Fatmi

In wake of the ongoing COVID-19 global pandemic, Bethesda, like so many others, was forced to cancel its yearly gaming exhibition called QuakeCon this year. At the time, Pete Hine, senior VP of global marketing, revealed that the company would not opt for a digital E3 replacement showcase in June either. A few weeks ago, the video game maker finally announced an all-digital event called QuakeCon at Home.

Today the complete schedule for the three-day-long virtual gaming exhibition was revealed. The detailed programme for this year's QuakeCon can be seen below. It must be noted that all times are written as per the Eastern Time Zone.

QuakeCon at Home is set to be the 25th instalment of the annual QuakeCon exhibition from Bethesda. Viewers can expect to see news relating to titles such as Fallout 76, The Elder Scrolls Online, The Evil Within 2 and Doom Eternal. Other content will include developer panels, esports competitions, charity events, celebrity appearances, concerts and more.

Unfortunately, based on the schedule it seems that The Elder Scrolls VI will, yet again, be missing from the event. Since the existence of the highly anticipated RPG was first confirmed in 2018, Bethesda hasn't said much about the game.

Bethesda's upcoming online showcase is set to kick off on August 7 and conclude on August 9. All 60 hours of QuakeCon at Home will be live-streamed on Twitch. More information about the upcoming event can be found on its official website.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Doom Eternal launch sales break franchise records, doubles Doom 2016 numbers
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Bethesda Softworks today announced that the Doom Slayer's return last week was an especially grand one, with Doom Eternal managing to set franchise sales records alongside receiving high praise from critics and fans alike.

Though no exact numbers were shared, the id Software-developed title had doubled the launch revenue of the Doom 2016 reboot. The shooter had also become the best-selling game of the week on Steam, touting concurrent player numbers that soared over the 100,000 mark on the platform. This is without even counting Bethesda.net buyers on PC, though once again, numbers for that nor any console figures were detailed in the announcement.

In the reviews department, the game managed to do quite well also. Metacritic currently has the PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 review scores set at 90, 89, and 87 respectively. The Steam user review score also paints a similar picture, which is currently showing a Very Positive verdict - 91% recommended - totaled from over 24,000 reviews.

"We want to thank our millions of fans for their enthusiastic support of this amazing title," said the SVP of Global Sales at Bethesda Softworks, Ron Seger. “Despite thousands of retail stores closing, we are pleased so many fans have been able to enjoy DOOM Eternal."

Doom Eternal is now available on PC via Steam and Bethesda.net, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Google Stadia. The Switch version that has been announced is still under development, and is slated to launch sometime later this year.