Help needed!! New iPhone; restore from iCloud | hickup: change of Apple ID

I just got a new iPhone.

I am trying to restore from my iCloud, however - I recently changed my Apple ID.

Now the backup/iCloud restore states that I need to key in the details of the - deleted/non-existing - previous Apple ID, because there are some purchases onto it.

WHAT?!

How I can I restore ALL  my apps, purchases, iBooks and iWhatever onto my new iPhone by using my current Apple ID (with purchases made/and I guessed transferred from my old Apple ID)??

My Apple Support in Holland is currently closed, and there is absolutely no way as to get a chat-service from Apple.

oh my; unfortunately that may be something Apple Support may need involved in directly as there's likely something database side that needs updated to point to your new/changed Apple ID :/

Yeah, you're going to need to get in touch with Apple if there are two separate accounts in question. Why didn't you just update the old Apple ID with a new e-mail address? Be prepared for loops and hoops, they're probably not just going to move your old purchases to the new account without some sort of explanation and a multitude of security questions. 

9 minutes ago, shockz said:

Yeah, you're going to need to get in touch with Apple if there are two separate accounts in question. Why didn't you just update the old Apple ID with a new e-mail address? Be prepared for loops and hoops, they're probably not just going to move your old purchases to the new account without some sort of explanation and a multitude of security questions. 

that's the thing; your Apple ID username IS the email address on file so if you update the email address the Apple ID 'technically' changes....

it's not a very good system IMO and I had always wondered if it could cause an issue like this

14 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

that's the thing; your Apple ID username IS the email address on file so if you update the email address the Apple ID 'technically' changes....

it's not a very good system IMO and I had always wondered if it could cause an issue like this

If you updated the user ID with the same account, then you should have access to all purchases made under that account. I’ve changed the email address multiple times over the last 16 years I’ve had an Apple ID and never had problems restoring my purchases, including all my pre-Spotify iTunes purchases. I even have the option of using my iCloud address as a fallback should it be needed.

Updating the email address on your Apple ID doesn’t make it a new account. The OP needs to clarify whether or not he has two separate accounts, or only one that the email address was updated/changed on.

3 minutes ago, shockz said:

If you updated the user ID with the same account, then you should have access to all purchases made under that account. I’ve changed the email address multiple times over the last 16 years I’ve had an Apple ID and never had problems restoring my purchases. 

you're correct; that's not an issue 'normally'

the issue here is OP is trying to restore the iphone that had the old Apple ID in it so it's wanting the device to be logged into the Apple ID using the old email address which is no longer possible (restoring from iTunes I would have to guess either in DFU mode or soft bricked so OP cannot unlock from the phone itself)

If I'm completely misunderstanding the situation please let me know OP but this is how i am understanding your post :)

I DID change my new Apple ID in appleid.apple.com

For some reason (some) apps didn't get this update with my new Apple ID email-address.

I'll contact Apple for this. Maybe the need to update their database with my current/new Apple ID.

I gotta say... it's annoying.