• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

How long does it take you to take a single breath when at rest?

How long does it take you to take a single breath when at rest?  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

+warwagon    11,693

Open up your favorite stopwatch app (a.k.a Windows 10 stopwatch) and time yourself taking a single breath and then put it on the poll.

While at rest on the couch I came in at 9.68 - 10 seconds

satukoro    1,345

I don't mean to throw a wrench in your poll, but from a purely skeptical psychological basis, I think that by enabling the restriction of "at rest" you're throwing off your dataset by having people subconsciously trying to lengthen their resting breath cycle to counter the thought of "well I must be a little more active right now than at rest because I'm thinking about it."

Becoming self aware when at rest causes an individual to exist in a self aware state. As a result, the individual is no longer at rest.

Disclaimer: I'm not sure if this argument would hold up in a college level psyhoanatomy discussion (probably not).

+warwagon    11,693
27 minutes ago, satukoro said:

I don't mean to throw a wrench in your poll, but from a purely skeptical psychological basis, I think that by enabling the restriction of "at rest" you're throwing off your dataset by having people subconsciously trying to lengthen their resting breath cycle to counter the thought of "well I must be a little more active right now than at rest because I'm thinking about it."

Becoming self aware when at rest causes an individual to exist in a self aware state. As a result, the individual is no longer at rest.

Disclaimer: I'm not sure if this argument would hold up in a college level psyhoanatomy discussion (probably not).

Well, then if they are self-aware this will be the absolute best case scenario. If you are self-aware and still come in at 3 seconds, well there ya have it.

• Like 1