Need CPR..please resuscitate.

Woah, this place is empty and neglected it would appear.  I know I've missed the heyday of OS Customization.  But there has to be some out there that are still interested. lol

I'll do my part to improve the thread if there's any at all still interested in playing around with their OS.  It's a hobby and passion of mine.

Also please I can do without the hate.  If you have know clue about a subject why do you feel the need to chime in? ugh.

Well let us get the ball rolling.  What kinds of Topics/features would you be interested in or seen brought back to the forums? 

Hope to hear from you and make new/old friends!

• 2 months later...

I was here during the UXTheme heyday. It was great.

The reality is Windows wipes out dll alterations more often these days. And Windows 8 and 10 both included far more customization options than existed in previous versions so the need for alteration is lower. And the way users think about operating systems has also changed. All of this has conspired to hurt this community.

I miss it. But WindowBlinds is pretty much the prevailing way to skin Windows now.

Unfortunately, windowsstylebuilder development stagnated and just hasn't kept up with the rate at which windows 10 changes. Uxstyle is glitchy and unreliable for the same reason. Without the right tools and consistency OS-wise it ends up being really hard to make anything that's going to last. I wish microsoft would support community driven visual styles beyond just wallpapers and soundpacks because I don't think they'll be able to satisfy everyone otherwise.

I see people on here reference the plethora of visual eyesores available for windowblinds (and .msstyles) whenever this gets brought up, but there were a lot of interesting takes on ux/ui design on deviantart and other sites that really drove the os customization community and I miss it.

Considering the xml driven ui behind uwp apps, it can't be that hard to put together a theme manager/editing tool similar to windowsstylebuilder (if not to make their own lives easier). Microsoft just has to get their sh*t together and stop being indecisive with their ui.