Xbox Games with Gold & Deals with Gold: September 2018

dipsylalapo

For the month of September, Xbox Live Gold members will receive four new free games – two on Xbox One and two on Xbox 360 – as part of the Games with Gold program. You can play both Xbox 360 titles on your Xbox One with Backward Compatibility.

On Xbox One, Xbox Live Gold members can download Prison Architect: Xbox One Edition ($29.99 ERP) for free during the month of September. Livelock ($9.99 ERP) will be available as a free download from September 16th to October 15th.

image.thumb.png.e7b0b23fe997b16b555f99e55a009590.png      image.thumb.png.83a71e0e42ca7303605c5700e9355f14.png 

On Xbox 360, starting September 1st, LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars ($19.99 ERP) will be free for Xbox Live Gold members through September 15th. Then on September 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can download Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World ($9.99 ERP) for free through September 30th.

image.thumb.png.92c595ff1aee8044422628e3d578e11c.png     image.thumb.png.dae35314ac1467bc7ebdf8ab9ea37d63.png      

Source

----------

EA Access Games in the Vault for Xbox One

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Games
Xbox Game Pass Games

----------

Xbox Games with Gold & Deals with Gold: August 2018

dipsylalapo

Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 10 September 2018. A few titles worth pointing out

The Xbox 360 sale also has a few of the Modern Warfare titles on sale if you're interested. 

Source

• Like 1
George P

Just a few more weeks and then I can get my gaming into full swing again.   I'm almost done with my first playthrough of the telltale batman series, the first one.  I might actually play it a 2nd time and pick a few different choices, see what happens.   

dipsylalapo

Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 17 September 2018. There's a Ubisoft publisher sale on this week. A few titles worth pointing out

Source

George P

I saw outlast 2 isn't as good as outlast 1, I never played either but I might since I'm getting more free time soon.  Still, have to get through other games.

dipsylalapo

Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 24 September 2018. There's a Microsoft publisher sale on this week. A few titles worth pointing out

If you haven't followed my preivous advice, grab Titanfall 2, it's such a great game!

Source

dipsylalapo

Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 02 October 2018. There are a number of titles from Warner Bros. Interactive on sale this week. A few that are worth pointing out. 

Source

George P

GTAV, forever on sale.  :P

• dipsylalapo unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rich Woods
      Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Fold unboxing: The first foldable PC is here
      by Rich Woods

It was May 2019 when Lenovo first announced that it was working on a new Windows-powered ThinkPad X1 device with a foldable screen. Some more details were unveiled at CES this year, when it was officially dubbed the ThinkPad X1 Fold. That's also when Lenovo said that it would come with Windows 10 Pro, with a Windows 10X version coming later. Of course, the fate of the Windows 10X version is unknown now.

But now, the ThinkPad X1 Fold is here, and so far, I have to say that Windows 10 Pro is pretty good. Lenovo built some custom software to get it up and running with window switching and such. Also, one thing that didn't work in earlier demos was having the UI automatically react to the keyboard being attached. That's something that's been resolved. It's a much smoother experience than when I went hands-on at CES.

It uses Intel's new Lakefield processors, specifically the Core i5-L16G7. That means that it uses Intel's take on big.LITTLE, something that's been used in ARM processors. Of course, Intel calls it big-bigger, because it's Intel and it won't ever admit that it has any small cores. Nevertheless, the idea is that a single powerful core can work on powerful tasks, while the four smaller cores can do tasks that require less power, all while using less battery life.

The foldable OLED display is 13.3 inches with 2048x1536 resolution, making it 4:3. When folded, that offers two 9.6-inch 3:2 displays, but it has a kickstand for full-screen use. It also comes with a Bluetooth keyboard, so it can either be used when magnetically attached on the inside, or externally when using it in full-screen mode.

Check out the unboxing video below:

• By Rich Woods
      Microsoft is once again reportedly bringing Android apps to Windows
      by Rich Woods

When Microsoft first introduced Windows 10, it promised a series of "bridges" to bring apps to the Windows Store, which is now called the Microsoft Store. Project Centennial brought Win32 apps to the Store, Project Westminster was for hosted web apps, Project Islandwood let developers recompile an iOS app with minimal modifications, and Project Astoria would actually allow Android APKs to be installed and run on Windows.

Project Astoria was the only one that never actually shipped (other than in Insider Previews), and it was pronounced dead in February 2016. As it turns out, not all was lost. It evolved into the Windows Subsystem for Linux as we know it today.

According to a new report from Windows Central's Zac Bowden, Microsoft once again has a plan to bring Android apps to Windows 10. This time it's called Project Latte, and it will be based on the Windows Subsystem for Linux. Being that WSL supports GUI apps now and GPU acceleration, there's a stronger basis for getting this to work properly.

The reasons that Project Astoria was killed off are still unclear. According to Microsoft, it was just too confusing for developers to have both an iOS and an Android bridge. Unofficially, some people said it was never good enough for production, while others said it was too good, with Microsoft fearing that Astoria could cannibalize its own UWP app ambitions.

Of course, Microsoft ruined that all on its own, and native Windows apps are no longer where the firm feels it needs to be. With Your Phone, you can basically stream Android apps to your PC, going so far as to add shortcuts for them. The next step is getting them to run natively.

Limitations of Project Latte don't really sound any different than they were for Project Astoria. Developers won't need to make any major modifications, but of course, there won't be any Google Play Services support. There's just no way that Microsoft could get that up and running while companies like Huawei have failed.

As for when this will arrive, Bowden is expecting it to show up in the fall 2021 update, which is expected to be a major one. We'll see x64 emulation on ARM PCs, an overhauled UI, and more.

• By Asher Madan
      These are the best Xbox games launching next week
      by Asher Madan

Every week, a number of games launch on Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and Xbox One. However, deciding which ones to purchase can be a difficult decision. We've compiled a list of some of the highly anticipated titles that are launching between November 30 to December 4. The highlight of the next week, of course, is Immortals Fenyx Rising.

Chronos: Before the Ashes
      Chronos: Before the Ashes is slated to launch on December 1, priced at $29.99. You can purchase it by going to the Microsoft Store.

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age
      Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age is expected to launch on December 4, priced at $39.99. The game runs at 4K resolution on Xbox One X. You can purchase Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age on the Microsoft Store.

Immortals Fenyx Rising
      Immortals Fenyx Rising will launch on December 3, starting at $59.99. The game is optimized for Xbox Series X|S. You can purchase it through the Microsoft Store.

Which of these games are you interested in? Let us know in the comments.

• By Rich Woods
      Lenovo Yoga 9i 14 unboxing and first impressions
      by Rich Woods

Announced at IFA this year, Lenovo's Yoga 9i is the company's flagship convertible, and it makes some really interesting improvements on an already-great laptop. For one thing, it's getting the improvement that pretty much all Intel-based laptops are getting: 11th-generation processors. Intel Tiger Lake not only brings faster CPUs and more powerful Iris Xe graphics, but it also supports Thunderbolt 4 and faster memory. It's pretty great.

It also comes in a new Shadow Black color with a leather cover, and I never realized how much I wanted this from Lenovo. I've criticized the firm for making laptops that are magnificent, but have designs that just feel bland. Seeing this in black is sexy, and then adding in the leather cover really gives it a nice touch.

That's not all though, because it has a haptic Smart Sensor Touchpad and an Ultrasonic fingerprint reader. The entire palm rest is completely smooth, and if you click the touchpad, it gives a vibration to make it feel like it's moving. Of course, if you power down the PC, you'll realize that there are no moving parts.

The Yoga 9i still has the other bits that make it an excellent convertible, such as the rotating Dolby Atmos soundbar. It comes with four 2W speakers, including two woofers and two tweeters. It's also got a 14-inch 4K touchscreen that supports Dolby Vision HDR. That touchscreen has pen support, and the pen is stored inside of the device, which has a pen garage.

Check out the unboxing video below:

• By indospot
      AdDuplex: Windows 10 version 20H2 is now on 8.8% of PCs, as 1909 bounces back
      by João Carrasqueira

It's that time again, as AdDuplex has once again released its monthly chart showcasing the market share of the different versions of Windows 10 on the market. As usual, this data is collected from about 5,000 apps in the Microsoft Store, which are using the AdDuplex SDK v2 or higher, and the data refers to November 25. Nearly 100,000 PCs were surveyed in this period.

Getting right into it, the biggest growth of the month was naturally for the Windows 10 October 2020 Update, or version 20H2, which is now on 8.8% of PCs, up from 1.7% in October. This update was released in October, and as usual, it's steadily being installed on more PCs. Meanwhile, the May 2020 Update, version 2004, actually lost a decimal point this month, hovering around 37.6% usage share.

An interesting change this month is that version 1909, the November 2019 Update, has actually grown from 32.4% to 36.4%, despite being over one year already. This is because Microsoft began upgrading users on version 1903 to version 1909 automatically, rather than pushing them onto the latest release. As a result, version 1903 has also seen a major drop, from 22% usage share in October to just 10.2% this month.

Older versions of Windows 10, as well as the percentage of Windows Insiders, barely changed during this period. Some percentages are slightly up, but not by much.

Since Microsoft changed the way Windows Update works to no longer force install updates, new releases have taken longer to grow in market share, and the story is no different with version 20H2. The update will continue to roll out slowly, and we'll only see more sudden changes in the lead up to May 2021, when version 1909 loses support and users start to be upgraded automatically.