• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

When going hands free on a cellphone, do you use the speakerphone or a Bluetooth headset?

When going hands free on a cellphone, do you use the speakerphone or a Bluetooth headset?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

+warwagon    13,039

This is a poll which goes along with this thread 

cork1958    1,669

50-50 so far! LOL

Looks like me and you are first 2 votes. :)

Like I said in other topic though, I hate speaker phone and I very, very seldom use it myself.

+warwagon    13,039
Just now, cork1958 said:

50-50 so far! LOL

The race is on!

+Zag L.    695

In the other thread I talked about my 'regular' phone usage that is nearly 100% speakerphone. Here, regarding cell phone, I'm mixed. I will usually just use the handset. Bluetooth only in the car. Speaker if I get a call while I'm doing something like cooking and my hands are dirty and don't/can't just hold the handset.  Wired if I'm out for a walk, listening to music and a call comes in. I don't use a Bluetooth headset because I actually don't get many calls so walking around with it to take 4 or 5 calls a week seems silly and since I prefer wired for music, I'll just use that if one of those few calls come in.  Also, if I'm out shopping or dining,  I don't even answer calls so again, no real need.   

If I used my cell phone for business or took a LOT of calls, I'd probably go for a good Bluetooth setup but for my use cases, just not the best choice.

+Human.Online    8,294

In public, I use the Airbuds, at home I use speakerphone.

DConnell    6,580

I use the Bluetooth speakerphone capability built into my car when driving, and a Bluetooth headset otherwise. When I remember to carry it, anyway ...

theefool    13

In the car I use the built in speakerphone.  If at work/home, I'll tell the other end if I'm moving to speaker phone if I need to type on the keyboard.  After done, I turn off speaker phone.  Personally, I hate it, but it is needed sometimes.

Brandon H    2,930

i have a set of bluetooth bone conducting headphones that i use to listen to music at work. it works great for taking calls too especially while driving :)

• Like 1

dead.cell    4,249

Speakerphone, unless I'm in the car... which is basically a giant speakerphone.

Personally don't mind being put on speakerphone really, as women (and one French guy) have said good things about my voice.

What I can't stand is the receptionist at my company who calls my desk phone and use the override to make my phone answer itself. She basically end up on my speakerphone going "hello? are you there?". If you do that one more damn time, Michelle, so help me god... ?