TMobile Ad Needs to Go

This is making the forum nearly unusable for me. 

So seeing how this ad is still popping up and this has had no response for a day, I’ll go ahead and block all the ads site-wide until it’s resolved. 

Thanks!

On 8/31/2018 at 6:54 PM, adrynalyne said:

This is making the forum nearly unusable for me. 

So seeing how this ad is still popping up and this has had no response for a day, I’ll go ahead and block all the ads site-wide until it’s resolved. 

Thanks!

I have been asked to ask you what phone OS and what browser (version)?

They gave me a way to load the ad and I can't replicate that problem on Android 8.0 Chrome browser (Samsung S8). It loads where it should, in the ad spot, and not over content.

Screenshot_20180905-170300_Chrome.jpg

Edit: the only way it can happen is if you are viewing the "full" site on mobile, which does delay the ads in view for 30 or 40 seconds (and can't be clicked away) this does not happen on the mobile version of the site though

32 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

I have been asked to ask you what phone OS and what browser (version)?

They gave me a way to load the ad and I can't replicate that problem on Android 8.0 Chrome browser (Samsung S8). It loads where it should, in the ad spot, and not over content.

Screenshot_20180905-170300_Chrome.jpg

Edit: the only way it can happen is if you are viewing the "full" site on mobile, which does delay the ads in view for 30 or 40 seconds (and can't be clicked away) this does not happen on the mobile version of the site though

IPhone X, Chrome mobile browser (whatever the latest version is), not using “request desktop site”. You click on the “expand” and it opens up. There is an “x” at the top and tapping that just closes when you expand. Tapping in the background doesn’t work to dismiss it. You have to wait for it to disappear. Which doesn’t seem so bad until it happens every page refresh.  One thing I’ve found working with ad agencies: they code their JS like crap. I’m sure they meant for it to work properly, but clearly it wasn’t. I say wasn’t because I’ve not seen it so far today (and the little bit I was around yesterday). *knock on wood*

Maybe this is one of those, “let’s fix it silently and act like it was always that way” things that some developers like to do ;)

Thanks for looking into it, by the way. It was infuriating. 

• Like 1