• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

4K UHD Playback issues on Core i7 7700K

Robbie Ride    24

Having an issue getting 4K Playback working on my Gaming rig,  I have a 4K display and 4K BluRay drive however system refuses to play 4K disc

CyberLink Ultra HD Blue-Ray Advisor states Advanced Protected Audio/Video Path (GPU) - Not Available, everything else has a pass

Specs

Intel Core i7 7700K 4.20GHz

Gigabyte Aorus Z270x Gaming 8 Mobo

16GB Memory 

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Samsung U7300 55" 4K TV - Connected with High Speed HDMI cable

Windows 10 Pro with HDR and WCH Enabled / resolution 3840x2160 60hz

CyberLink PowerDVD 18 Ultra

Latest Nvidia and Intel graphics drivers installed

Screenshot (8).png

+ir0nw0lf    420

Take a look at this thread and see if anything mentioned might help:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/protected-audi-video-path/td-p/3738780

One person mentions:

This info was taken directly from the cyberlink web site:

"Ultra HD Blu-ray is supported only if a display is powered by Intel Graphics and supports HDCP 2.2. If your computer includes more than one graphics processor, Ultra HD Blu-ray is supported only on the display that is connected and powered by Intel Graphics."

You will need the latest "Intel Graphics Driver" Connect your 4K monitor to your mainboard either by HDMI or Display port. Display Port is preferred. In bios you can switch your VGA card to Mainboard so you do not have to remove your PCI-E add-on card. Now check your device manager. Under Display Adapters you should see "Intel UHD Graphics 630" if not then Google "Intel Graphics Driver" Download it from the Intel web site for Windows 10 64bit. This OS is a must. After installing the driver then re-boot and check your device manager under display adapters. Now run the cyberlink Ultra HD Blu-Ray advisor. To watch a 4K movie you will have to do it with the  4K monitor connected to your mainboard. Either by HDMI or Display Port, which ever gives you the higher resolution. Check your specs. I did this simple step and "Advanced Protected Video Path" was green lighted in Cyberlinks Ultra HD Blu-Ray Advisor

Mindovermaster    1,473

But he said he has latest drivers. So...

+ir0nw0lf    420

^^ But is he connecting to the TV via the Intel video or the Nvidia video?

Robbie Ride    24

Connecting using both however Intel set as Primary but the Nvidia gfx card takes over

+ir0nw0lf    420

Latest Intel® Software Guard Extensions Platform drivers installed?

Robbie Ride    24
1 minute ago, ir0nw0lf said:

Latest Intel® Software Guard Extensions Platform drivers installed?

yes v2.1.100.46245

Mindovermaster    1,473
32 minutes ago, Robbie Ride said:

yes v2.1.100.46245

Said it supports 2.2?

Robbie Ride    24
7 hours ago, Mindovermaster said:

Said it supports 2.2?

Yeah

AndyMutz    57

you do not mention what optical drive you are using.

there are drives which need a firmware update for UHD playback to work, because of a hack in the past, which made it possible to rip UHD discs.

-andy-

Robbie Ride    24
27 minutes ago, AndyMutz said:

you do not mention what optical drive you are using.

there are drives which need a firmware update for UHD playback to work, because of a hack in the past, which made it possible to rip UHD discs.

-andy-

The optical drive is a Pioneer BDR-211UBK with Firmware v151 released August 9th 2018 which is the latest

Robbie Ride    24

At the moment i both onboard graphics and graphics card connected to the same display via HDMI and having Windows identify each as a separate display instead of extended.

This has worked to an extent where I am able to finally play a 4K disc via onboard, however I have now established that Intel graphics drivers are likely to be the issue.

While using onboard I can play the 4K disc via PowerDVD but when I come out of the app the driver crashes and I loose the display

+ir0nw0lf    420

There was a new Intel video driver released today'ish:

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/intel-integrated-graphics-drivers/

Not sure if that would fix anything or not.

HIGHLIGHTS

Launch Driver Games

Strange Brigade

Pro Evolution Soccer 2019

NEW FEATURES

Performance improvements and optimizations for World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth (for both DirectX 11 and 12 versions) and Jurassic World Evolution on 6th Generation Intel Core processors or higher

Playability improvements for Vampyr and Monster Hunter: World

Media streaming improvements while using the AVC* codec at low bitrates for 6th Generation Intel Core processors or higher

Power optimizations when dynamically switching to lower refresh rates during video playback

Security fixes and improvements

KEY ISSUES FIXED

Steam overlay may not work in Dota 2 when running in Vulkan mode

Minor Graphics anomalies may be observed in Titanfall 2 (6th Gen Intel Core Only), Minecraft*, and LEGO NINJAGO Movie Video Game

Intermittent crashes or hangs may occur in Unravel 2

While using two displays, the arrangement settings in Windows may reset if the resolution of the second display is changed.

Inaccurate color may be observed during YouTube playback in web browsers when hardware acceleration is turned on

Sketchup* application may become unresponsive

Stereoscopic 3D may not work when viewing a 3D video

Remote desktop protocol (RDP) and Virtual Network Computing (VNC) applications show a black screen when updating the graphics driver in guest user mode

• Like 1

Robbie Ride    24
7 hours ago, ir0nw0lf said:

There was a new Intel video driver released today'ish:

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/intel-integrated-graphics-drivers/

Not sure if that would fix anything or not.

Amazing, thank you. Hopefully this helps.

Robbie Ride    24

Looks like the latest Intel Graphics drivers causes more issues. No option to toggle HDR and WCG settings, other toggles also greyed out, also no HDCP 2.2

Screenshot (9).png

+goretsky    895

Hello,

Have you try contacting CyberLink's support via one of the methods at https://www.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Robbie Ride    24
4 hours ago, goretsky said:

Hello,

Have you try contacting CyberLink's support via one of the methods at https://www.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Not yet, I removed my GTX 1060 from my system and reinstalled Windows 10. After installing all drivers and app I was able to watch a 4K movie, it's not perfect and there are issues with Intel's display drivers but I can only hope the issues are resolved soon.

I have reinserted my GTX 1060 and installing it's drivers but I have yet to restart and see what it brings, I'm not very confident on the outcome.

• Like 1