Weird overlay pop ups in Windows 10 Pro

Hi. Last 3 days I get a pop up type of overlay that has 4 boxes that say 4:3 In Wide(red colored) Photo Effect,Volume, and Time Controll(off). pops up every 5 to 10 secs while in Windows 10.Even on the log into windows screen before I log in. It's driving me nuts. Also when i try toi to take a screen shot it doesn't show up. Please help

system is I7 4790k

16 GB ddr 3 ram

2 SSD's 

R390 8GB Vid card

1 minute ago, metallithrax said:

Monitor Controls?  One of the buttons stuck in maybe.

What he said. It sounds like the onscreen menu of your monitor. When it doesn't appear, press the menu button on your monitor and see if the same thing shows up

Yea, like everyone else has said, looks like something is hitting one of your monitors' menu buttons

Thanks everyone you've saved my sanity! Shortly after i posted I put the TV as my main  monitor and it didn't happen there so I knew it had to be a monitor problem but didn't figure it out. After reading your posts I hit the button marked "Fun" on the monitor and it shut off the overlay.

39 minutes ago, Byter said:

Thanks everyone you've saved my sanity! Shortly after i posted I put the TV as my main  monitor and it didn't happen there so I knew it had to be a monitor problem but didn't figure it out. After reading your posts I hit the button marked "Fun" on the monitor and it shut off the overlay.

That is odd... :huh:

Glad you got it sorted. :)