(Old game) Descent 1 or 2

Did anyone remember Descent or Descent2? Well... there's a patch that will let you play with your current card (if it supports openGL).

The old descent2 only supported video acceleration through 3dfx, under DOS. But this guys made a port that works fine under windows, and you can play it again! (in my PC, it worked full screen, but on another PC, only in Windows mode)

There are some strange bugs, but I could play it fine. It will be good to remember the old times (1996)

Take the dust out of your D2 CD and start playing again :)

i liked 1 and 2. never got around to 3. i honestly have no idea where the cd is now. that's impressive that you can find a cd thats like 8 years old. good organization skills :p

I didn't like D3... the ship control was totally different from the other two... it was like, kinda laggy. It's hard to explain... never got used to it...

D2 is one of the funniest games to play in multiplayer! I remember I spend entire nights playing it with friends... ahh the good old times... *sighs* :)

Wow! This is some of best gaming news I've heard in quite a while. Descent was actually the second PC game (behind Doom, of course) that I really enjoyed, way back in the day (1994?) with the original...nice find!

that's impressive that you can find a cd thats like 8 years old. good organization skills :p

Actually I don't have that good organization :D It's very funny, because there are three old games that I keep toghether. One is, of course, Descent 2... the other two are Quake 1 expansions packs, Scourge of Armaggon and Dissolution of Eternity. Those three games are just too amazing to throw/sell them. :D

post-16-1075612565.jpg

I used to play Descent 1, when it first came out, on the school LAN with some friends and some technicians at lunch times . Quite fun indeed. I eventually got hooked into creating levels, the DEVIL editor was a bit fiddly but later revisions did make some things easier (Y)

Descent II was an awesome game, best of the series, didn't care for 3, but now the old ones will live again! Oh happy days! Thanks for the great find QuakeD!