Joker - Joaquin Phoenix movie (2019)

5 hours ago, margrave said:

Ledger was good, but I don't think that people would have been as big a fan of his performance if he hadn't died.

I disagree. You can argue the over-reaction but it was a great film, and Ledger nailed the role for what the film was supposed to be.

11 hours ago, Nick H. said:

I disagree. You can argue the over-reaction but it was a great film, and Ledger nailed the role for what the film was supposed to be.

I agree with you, I also agree with him in that the news of his death and this being his last big role probably helped to add another $100mil to the box office total in the US at least.  

On 9/26/2018 at 10:17 AM, George P said:

I agree with you, I also agree with him in that the news of his death and this being his last big role probably helped to add another $100mil to the box office total in the US at least.  

But then the same with Fast 7 with Paul Walkers death.

Hopefully this be a better DC film as of late they been utter rubbish!

27 minutes ago, Orange said:

But then the same with Fast 7 with Paul Walkers death.

Hopefully this be a better DC film as of late they been utter rubbish!

So far, there's only been one really good DCU movie - Wonder Woman.  Man of Steel and Justice League were acceptable, but the rest have indeed been garbage. Makes me wish they'd continued on with the plan to make Green Lantern the starting point - it wasn't the greatest film but it was better than any of the DCU films except WW. Honestly, the only DC film I have any hope for is Shazam.

If WB wants this movie to work, they need to let Phoenix study the master - Cesar Romero will forever be the definitive Joker.

Joaquin Phoenix would have made an amazing bruce banner in the Avengers Movie (He was offered the roll before the current guy). This guy would have played a MUCH better complex character.

39 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

Not a bad take on the idea. Here's hoping Joker plays out better.

Other differences is that one guy loves practical effects, the other guy loves Really Really BAD CG

Seeing how WW 1 and 2, and Aquaman are prequels, timeline wise, to BvS/JL and maybe even MoS?  I don't know if Aquaman is before MoS or not?   WB could just redo the DCU (name has already changed from DCEU) without making a big thing of it.  Just, as I've said a few times before, use your flash movie to rewrite MoS-BvS-JL like they didn't happen, or happened in a alternate DCU version of flashpoint, and just go with WW, WW2, Aquaman, Shazam, and I guess this new Joker movie as part of the new DCU line.

Then just do a new superman and batman and act like the others never happened.  

Joaquin Pheonix? Yeah, umm no. Don't really like his acting, personally. I'll pass, gladly.

58 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Other differences is that one guy loves practical effects, the other guy loves Really Really BAD CG

That's...that's almost the entire point of the video. One guy uses CG thinking that it makes a film and thinks that he is a storyteller. Another guy knows that he's all about action, and he leaves it at that.

I think people would be surprised at just how much green screen and CG are in all the marvel movies, they use it a lot as well, they've just done a better job with it compared to DC for whatever reason.

On 10/3/2018 at 6:33 PM, George P said:

I think people would be surprised at just how much green screen and CG are in all the marvel movies, they use it a lot as well, they've just done a better job with it compared to DC for whatever reason.

You mean Mark Ruffalo doesn't really turn into a big green rage monster? 😮

On 10/3/2018 at 5:33 PM, George P said:

That's because Zack Snyder's pre-requisite is blatantly obvious BAD CG! It's what makes a Zack Snyder movie, it wouldn't be one without it. His Nickname is Zack "Obvious Greenscreen Snyder"

On 10/3/2018 at 2:08 PM, DConnell said:

So far, there's only been one really good DCU movie - Wonder Woman.  Man of Steel and Justice League were acceptable, but the rest have indeed been garbage. Makes me wish they'd continued on with the plan to make Green Lantern the starting point - it wasn't the greatest film but it was better than any of the DCU films except WW. Honestly, the only DC film I have any hope for is Shazam.

If WB wants this movie to work, they need to let Phoenix study the master - Cesar Romero will forever be the definitive Joker.

I think DC tried to rush in on what Marvel did and try and catch them. DC didn't give it some time to grow. I loved Man of Steel, Henry Carvill was a brilliant Superman. Batman vs Superman, grew on me. Justice Leauge i watched for the 2nd time, again didn't like the over use of CGI in which i would fire the company, it was utter rubbish!! Aquaman looks quite good and going to see that.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Orange said:

I think DC tried to rush in on what Marvel did and try and catch them. DC didn't give it some time to grow. I loved Man of Steel, Henry Carvill was a brilliant Superman. Batman vs Superman, grew on me. Justice Leauge i watched for the 2nd time, again didn't like the over use of CGI in which i would fire the company, it was utter rubbish!! Aquaman looks quite good and going to see that.

Maybe I should give BvS another viewing. My first viewing left me so disappointed that I haven't been able to bring myself to watch it again.

7 minutes ago, DConnell said:

Maybe I should give BvS another viewing. My first viewing left me so disappointed that I haven't been able to bring myself to watch it again.

That's what i did i was in the mood the other day to re-watch these films and actually grew on me. But you can see the massive difference in directing between Nolan and Zack.

Everyone agrees that WB rushed the DCEU, we needed a 2nd MoS and a new stand alone Batman movie before they even should've started talking about BvS. 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

The film is set in 1981

A bit more casting

Arthur Fleck/Joker: Joaquin Phoenix 
Penny Fleck (Arthur's mom): Frances Conroy
Sophie Dumond (Arthur's G/F): Zazie Beetz
Thomas Wayne: Brett Cullen
Alfred Pennyworth: Douglas Hodge
Bruce Wayne: Dante Pereira-Olson 
Talk show host: Robert De Niro
GCPD cops: Bill Camp and Shea Whigham
Ted Marco: Marc Maron
>
Comedian: Glenn Fleshler
Nurse: Brian Tyree Henry

422499114_Jokerposter1-800.thumb.jpg.9b18e460f757cacc186fe985351e022a.jpg

interested in seeing how this effects future batman movies.  Though personally I'd like to see the next batman films use other characters and not rush back to more Joker right away.

Looks brilliant, I can't wait! I think Joaquin Phoenix has aged well and from what I saw of the trailer he seems like a great fit for the role.

Wow I googled him and he's only 44, I thought he was much older than me (in his 50's) lol! But anyway I think he looks good in the role.

• 3 months later...