Looking for fast 4/6TB HDDs

Looking for some fast 4/6TB HDDs to replace my current ones for a VMware lab and data. My current storage config is as follows:

1x256GB Samsung NVME for OS/Apps
4x250GB Crucial SSDs (striped) for Games
4x1TB WD Blacks RAID 10 for VMware machines (image says RAID 1 but it's actually RAID 10)
2x2TB Seagates RAID 1 for Data

I think the current storage solution works really well but I'm seriously running out of space for VM's and data. I have been looking on SCAN, Amazon on some other places but really can't make up my mind. Any suggestions?

iVyYFWi.jpg

4Y48HEo.jpg

Just get whatever HDD is cheaper. WD and Seagate are good companies, really. I use both in my computer...

2 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Just get whatever HDD is cheaper. WD and Seagate are good companies, really. I use both in my computer...

That's not really good advice... cheaper HDDs = slower RPM. I think your best bet is going to be stick with the WD blacks for the VM storage, they are 7200 RPM. Golds are a little cheaper, but half the cache.

Does your computer have SSD caching? I have a 16GB SSD cache on a 1TB HDD, and it makes quite a difference. 

32 minutes ago, xendrome said:

That's not really good advice... cheaper HDDs = slower RPM. I think your best bet is going to be stick with the WD blacks for the VM storage, they are 7200 RPM. Golds are a little cheaper, but half the cache.

Seagate has disks the same as WD Blacks. Don't base it off speed. That's bad advice, too, you know...

57 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Seagate has disks the same as WD Blacks. Don't base it off speed. That's bad advice, too, you know...

It isn’t when the OP is asking for fast drives. 

3 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

It isn’t when the OP is asking for fast drives. 

Well, until we know what Seagates he is using, that shows little purpose.