About that Xbox Classic console

zHnA9eK.jpg

As we all know, Sony has recently caved in to demands (or simply want to cash in) from it's loyal gamers who want a bit of retro action.

Since the Xbox One already enjoys backwards compatible, it's highly unlikely that we'll ever see a dedicated 'classic' remake with a handful of emulated titles included.... or would we.

It probably wouldn't happen in the same sense as Nintendo's classics or how Sony are having to go, but we could simply see a Classic Xbox One designs released, maybe bundled with a handful of classic games on pre-installed. 
Essentially it'd be exactly the same as the current Xbox One consoles, just in a different case, maybe a different boot logo ... and an Xbox OG styled case. Bundled controllers could indeed include a Juke, or a retro fit classic Xbox S controllers.

You'd still be able to use your Xbox one games, Xbox 360 BC and Classic BC games.

Anyone have thoughts on this?
Would you be willing to buy a Classic looking Xbox even if it was only a badged Xbox one? Or would it need the original menu - could be an app I guess..

On 9/28/2018 at 2:27 PM, sagum said:

zHnA9eK.jpg

As we all know, Sony has recently caved in to demands (or simply want to cash in) from it's loyal gamers who want a bit of retro action.

Since the Xbox One already enjoys backwards compatible, it's highly unlikely that we'll ever see a dedicated 'classic' remake with a handful of emulated titles included.... or would we.

It probably wouldn't happen in the same sense as Nintendo's classics or how Sony are having to go, but we could simply see a Classic Xbox One designs released, maybe bundled with a handful of classic games on pre-installed. 
Essentially it'd be exactly the same as the current Xbox One consoles, just in a different case, maybe a different boot logo ... and an Xbox OG styled case. Bundled controllers could indeed include a Juke, or a retro fit classic Xbox S controllers.

You'd still be able to use your Xbox one games, Xbox 360 BC and Classic BC games.

Anyone have thoughts on this?
Would you be willing to buy a Classic looking Xbox even if it was only a badged Xbox one? Or would it need the original menu - could be an app I guess..

If it included a full original XBox emulator I'd bite. Otherwise I can just power up the modded XBox and play both games and videos.

• 2 weeks later...