so, just yesterday my gpu has been acting weird. I have a Geforce GTX 1050 TI and it has been working fine (still is) but there is a slight problem, so i have set the settings for the fans to be not on unless the GPU is hot, so the feature has been working, untill for from yesterday. So one of the the fans has been on for non-stop, when i have tried to turn it off its still on, this is really infuriating for me, especially when i sometimes dont play big games, and the gpu doesnt need any cooling down, its really loud and i lose my concentration. Please, if someone does know a way to make it stop, please help me, nothing ive tried is not working

(btw my gpu started doing this when i updated my drivers, im not sure if this is the fault of that, but it might help us get to the conclucion easier maybe?) 

Well if this did not start until the latest driver update, then that would seem to be a good starting point. Go back to the previous version and see what happens. Also, when you install the drivers do you do an upgrade or do you do a clean install? I have always do clean installs since having an issue with a game not working right. So what I would recommend is re-run the driver installer and choose perform a clean install, see if that makes any difference.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Well if this did not start until the latest driver update, then that would seem to be a good starting point. Go back to the previous version and see what happens. Also, when you install the drivers do you do an upgrade or do you do a clean install? I have always do clean installs since having an issue with a game not working right. So what I would recommend is re-run the driver installer and choose perform a clean install, see if that makes any difference.

sure, il try it later, to see if it helps. 

Hello,

Just to make sure, you're not running any cryptocurrency-mining software?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

15 hours ago, goretsky said:

Hello,

Just to make sure, you're not running any cryptocurrency-mining software?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

im not sure what cryptocurrency mining is, but i think i don't? 

23 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

okay, i tried deleting the drivers, it still does that, so the fault was not on the drivers.. 

On 10/9/2018 at 4:52 PM, xjantsix said:

so, just yesterday my gpu has been acting weird. I have a Geforce GTX 1050 TI and it has been working fine (still is) but there is a slight problem, so i have set the settings for the fans to be not on unless the GPU is hot, so the feature has been working, untill for from yesterday. So one of the the fans has been on for non-stop, when i have tried to turn it off its still on, this is really infuriating for me, especially when i sometimes dont play big games, and the gpu doesnt need any cooling down, its really loud and i lose my concentration. Please, if someone does know a way to make it stop, please help me, nothing ive tried is not working

(btw my gpu started doing this when i updated my drivers, im not sure if this is the fault of that, but it might help us get to the conclucion easier maybe?) 

whoa wait? i was just messing around with Asus Tweak 2, and i changed the profile to a profile A and B multiple times, and that worked. im really confused now... 

Just now, xjantsix said:

whoa wait? i was just messing around with Asus Tweak 2, and i changed the profile to a profile A and B multiple times, and that worked. im really confused now... 

or, the fact that i deleted some files might've sorted it out (for now) just wanted to keep y'all updated

4 minutes ago, xjantsix said:

whoa wait? i was just messing around with Asus Tweak 2, and i changed the profile to a profile A and B multiple times, and that worked for a second, then it starts again. if i turn on the profile B, then it doesnt change anything, spamming it seems to be the anwser for a few minutes. im really confused now... 

(just wanted to keep yall updated) 

nevermind it started again...