• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

    Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

San Francisco dubbed 'doo-doo capital' of the country, amid spike in waste complaints

Recommended Posts

techbeck    6,408

It's anything but a San Francisco treat.

 

One of the most beautiful cities in the country has turned into a dumping ground for Bay Area bowel movements -- and things have gotten so bad the California city is now dubbed the "Doo-Doo Capital in the U.S."

 

The new nickname comes courtesy of apartment search service RentHop, which said the city had the highest amount of complaints about fecal matter on sidewalks.

 

Data compiled by the website showed 455.89 poop sightings reported per square mile in 2017.

 

"Living in a s---ty neighborhood has a whole new meaning for San Franciscans," RentHop states. "Unlike what we saw in Chicago and New York, the city center of San Francisco is, sadly, covered by poop, and neighborhoods away from the city center see fewer complaints (except for Golden Gate Park)."

 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/san-francisco-dubbed-doo-doo-capital-of-the-country-amid-spike-in-waste-complaints

 

Between that and used needles and needle caps.....sounds like a really good places to love.  San Fran isn't the only  city tho with a use needle problem though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DocM    14,829

The People's Republics of San Francisco and Seattle seem to encourage vagrants* squatting (residentially and excrementally) on the public square, and this is what you get.

 

And they wonder why so many residents are hitting the road for almost anywhere else.

 

* as opposed to the truly homeless

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jazmac    1,514
4 minutes ago, DocM said:

The People's Republics of San Francisco and Seattle seem to encourage vagrants* squatting (residentially and excrementally) on the public square, and this is what you get.

 

And they wonder why so many residents are hitting the road for almost anywhere else.

 

* as opposed to the truly homeless

Many on the streets are Veterans.  What do you do propose happen with them? Specifically?  Maybe you could get trump to treat them as he did the American farmers and hand over billions of taxpayer dollars to cover for his F up.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ncoday    341
3 minutes ago, Jazmac said:

Many on the streets are Veterans.  What do you do propose happen with them? Specifically?  Maybe you could get trump to treat them as he did the American farmers and hand over billions of taxpayer dollars to cover for his F up.

How about instead of spending billions on illegal immigrants we spend them on the veterans? :)

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DocM    14,829

I don't count vets with the vagrants but as part of the homeless population. Those of us who work with both know the difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jazmac    1,514
2 minutes ago, ncoday said:

How about instead of spending billions on illegal immigrants we spend them on the veterans? :)

How about fix the immigration issues rather than repeat these stupid trump talking points.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
techbeck    6,408

Maybe some of those mega rich celebs who say they are so concerned about the American people can do more to help out/donate to help solve this problem.  No to mention companies like Apple, Google, Microsoft, and many others can do more as well.  They are making billions off the American people.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DocM    14,829
7 minutes ago, Jazmac said:

How about fix the immigration issues rather than repeat these stupid trump talking points.

 Tried. He offered to legallize almost 2x as many Dreamers as Dems asked for, but they wouldn't come to the table. Schumer/Pelosi'd rather have the issue than fix the problem, or even fix half then do more later. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jazmac    1,514
6 minutes ago, DocM said:

I don't count them with the vagrants but as part of the homeless population. Those of us who work with both know the difference. 

You ever been homeless or spent any time with the homeless? Ever WORK with the homeless population?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jazmac    1,514
11 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Maybe some of those mega rich celebs who say they are so concerned about the American people can do more to help out/donate to help solve this problem.  No to mention companies like Apple, Google, Microsoft, and many others can do more as well.  They are making billions off the American people.

https://blog.fundly.com/donation-requests/

http://fortune.com/2016/06/22/fortune-500-most-charitable-companies/

https://doublethedonation.com/tips/companies-that-donate-to-nonprofits/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andersonantunes/2012/01/11/the-30-most-generous-celebrities/#1673d1714994

https://www.elle.com/culture/celebrities/a12120691/celebrities-donating-hurricane-harvey/

https://www.dailydot.com/upstream/celebrities-help-hurricane-harvey/

https://www.everplans.com/articles/9-famous-people-who-saved-lives-by-donating-their-organs


Here is a short list.  Again, stop with the BS fathead trump talking points.  You don't help because you blame them for what happened to them. For you they don't deserve your help even when those affected are Americans. You non - christian types are the worse. smh

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
techbeck    6,408
Just now, Jazmac said:

I said more, not that they were not doing anything.  I would thikn companies like Apple who is worth over a trill and Amazon could do a hell of a lot more.   And the last part of your post, a lot of assumption from a guy who knows nothing about me.

 

I didnt post this to bitch about Trump.  If you want to wine and complain about him, I don't think I need to point the direction of that thread.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
techbeck    6,408
43 minutes ago, DocM said:

The People's Republics of San Francisco and Seattle seem to encourage vagrants* squatting (residentially and excrementally) on the public square, and this is what you get.

Well, giving out free needles to drug users instead of doing more to address the addiction is a problem as well.  I get why they are doing it, but at the same time it is not helping matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+warwagon    11,952

I liked this comment on fox news

 

"For the folks that want a Democratic-Socialist country, San Francisco is what it will look like. The Mayor understands the problem. The working people are not giving enough money to the city to provide all the homeless with free shelter. The Socialist solution is to keep increasing the taxes until all people have the same....in this case...nothing."

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DocM    14,829

What'll happen is that job creators and workers will move out. Which is already happening, with convention cancellations  boot. A major medical convention cancelled there last year because of the "poo-vironment" around hotels. Others will follow.

 

SF will be left holding the bag (of poo) and not enough earners to tax.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jazmac    1,514
51 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Well, giving out free needles to drug users instead of doing more to address the addiction is a problem as well.  I get why they are doing it, but at the same time it is not helping matters.

Good to know you are in favor of arresting, leveling fines and locking up a good part of West Virginia for the criminal amount of opiates they consume there. Just lock them up.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jazmac    1,514
44 minutes ago, DocM said:

What'll happen is that job creators and workers will move out. Which is already happening, with convention cancellations  boot. A major medical convention cancelled there last year because of the "poo-vironment" around hotels. Others will follow.

 

SF will be left holding the bag (of poo) and not enough earners to tax.

Did you say those "job creators" are creating jobs that hire those that are unemployed or just holding them up like they should be revered? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
techbeck    6,408
5 minutes ago, Jazmac said:

Good to know you are in favor of arresting, leveling fines and locking up a good part of West Virginia for the criminal amount of opiates they consume there. Just lock them up.

not what I said at all but keep putting words in my mouth.  and since you continue to assume/make assumptions and making personal attacks on what my beliefs may or may not be...have a good evening.

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nerd Rage    423
5 hours ago, techbeck said:

It's anything but a San Francisco treat.

 

One of the most beautiful cities in the country has turned into a dumping ground for Bay Area bowel movements -- and things have gotten so bad the California city is now dubbed the "Doo-Doo Capital in the U.S."

 

The new nickname comes courtesy of apartment search service RentHop, which said the city had the highest amount of complaints about fecal matter on sidewalks.

 

Data compiled by the website showed 455.89 poop sightings reported per square mile in 2017.

 

"Living in a s---ty neighborhood has a whole new meaning for San Franciscans," RentHop states. "Unlike what we saw in Chicago and New York, the city center of San Francisco is, sadly, covered by poop, and neighborhoods away from the city center see fewer complaints (except for Golden Gate Park)."

 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/san-francisco-dubbed-doo-doo-capital-of-the-country-amid-spike-in-waste-complaints

 

Between that and used needles and needle caps.....sounds like a really good places to love.  San Fran isn't the only  city tho with a use needle problem though.

Sad to see a city that was once great brought to it's knees by extremist politics.  Extremes on any side are not healthy, and San Fran is a prime example.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ncoday    341
2 hours ago, Jazmac said:

How about fix the immigration issues rather than repeat these stupid trump talking points.

What would you propose to fix it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DocM    14,829
5 hours ago, Jazmac said:

Did you say those "job creators" are creating jobs that hire those that are unemployed or just holding them up like they should be revered? 

 

Please, quit putting your words in other people's mouths. It's extremely annoying.

 

I'm talking about the companies who bought into what they thought was a great city only to have it rot from under them. 

 

Workers are also leaving because of the above, and because the property values and taxes are so high they can no longer afford to stay.

 

Doesn't leave much of a tax base with which to support the mess SF's city father's have created.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tiagosilva29    919

It can't be worse than my town. All streets are filled with dog/cat/pigeon poop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
techbeck    6,408
2 hours ago, tiagosilva29 said:

It can't be worse than my town. All streets are filled with dog/cat/pigeon poop.

Well, considering cats, pigeons, and most dogs poop way smaller than the average human....I don't see that much of a problem.   And a dog will eat a cats poop anyway so problem solved there  😛

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.