• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

    Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Wireless inductive charing mice & wireless keyboard

Recommended Posts

dlf    3

I am in the market for a wireless (bluetooth or other) mouse that uses inductive charging, what brands and or mice would be good? Second any good multimedia keyboards that are also wireless? Bluetooth or receiver needs to be in the USB port. I absolutely want multimedia keys. Ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mindovermaster    1,529

If you are going for mechanical keyboards, they are mostly all wired, except for the lower-class cheap ones.

 

All self-charging mice has usually a dock that is wired, so it really isn't feasable.

 

Now, if you are looking for something that uses USB dongles, look at a Logitech wireless mouse. They run great on just one AA battery. Mine lasts 3 months, under heavy usage.

 

I used to have a wireless keyboard, but I have since moved to a Razer BlackWidow Chroma v2.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joe User    455

Look at the G703/G903 and Logitech G Powerplay mat. Amazon has them.

 

I had a wireless rechargeable mouse a while ago, they're pretty gimmicky, but if that's what you want, Logitech does a good job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
adrynalyne    9,903

 

8 hours ago, dlf said:

I am in the market for a wireless (bluetooth or other) mouse that uses inductive charging, what brands and or mice would be good? Second any good multimedia keyboards that are also wireless? Bluetooth or receiver needs to be in the USB port. I absolutely want multimedia keys. Ideas?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/circuitbreaker/2018/1/8/16864974/corsair-wireless-mechanical-keyboard-mouse-accessories-charger-ces-2018 I believe these check most if not all the boxes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mindovermaster    1,529

Yes, but the mouse pad is wired, so, that would defeat the purpose, Adrynalyne....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Circaflex    3,428
20 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Yes, but the mouse pad is wired, so, that would defeat the purpose, Adrynalyne....

What do you mean defeat the purpose? You have to supply power one way or another in order to charge the device. I mean, how else would you charge a rechargeable mouse?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mindovermaster    1,529
34 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

What do you mean defeat the purpose? You have to supply power one way or another in order to charge the device. I mean, how else would you charge a rechargeable mouse?

I though he meant inductive as 100% wireless, not something that has wires attached... No?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
adrynalyne    9,903
1 hour ago, Mindovermaster said:

Yes, but the mouse pad is wired, so, that would defeat the purpose, Adrynalyne....

No it doesn’t? You don’t get inductive charging without something being plugged in somewhere. Electricity from nothing doesn’t exist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mindovermaster    1,529
2 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

No it doesn’t? You don’t get inductive charging without something being plugged in somewhere. Electricity from nothing doesn’t exist. 

*rubs hands and shocks you* You were saying... :laugh:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dlf    3

I more am tired of not knowing the battery level of my MX Master, and it suddenly stops "working", I ('d) figure an inductive charging mouse probably wouldn't have that problem. I am using Linux Mint 19 with Cinnamon if that makes any difference to knowing the battery life of my mouse or suggestions for keyboards/mice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mindovermaster    1,529

If its company/Mint has its own software, yes, Otherwise, no, there is no built in software that can detect mouse battery.

 

I'm using a Logitech M317 right now. And I love it. Fits to my small hands well. Bettery life Is about 3 months on a single AA battery. I always keep batteries handy. It's really not that hard to change them.

 

I have its dongle connected to my Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2. With USB pass-through.

 

Look at Logitech, they have some very good mice/keyboards/headsets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HoochieMamma    686

Aren't the only ones who do wireless induction charging mouses are logitech and razer (edit: and that corsair one which I haven't seen before it seems lol)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mindovermaster    1,529
20 minutes ago, HoochieMamma said:

Aren't the only ones who do wireless induction charging mouses are logitech and razer (edit: and that corsair one which I haven't seen before it seems lol)? 

It would seem, yeah. All others are pretty much wired...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.