How can I create my own WiFi HotSpot?

Hello

I would like to create my own WiFi HotSpot System.

I want to create an Open WiFI where users wil have to log in in order to use the internet and I would like to collect some data, such as:

Full Name, Email, Telphone.

and require them to login either with Facebook or E-Mail

I also have GDPR documents ready and I would like to include them too.

I'm thinking about HotSpotSystem.com where it is integrated with dd-wrt Microtik Routers.

Thanks in Advance

Anything that runs a captive portal does this.  Unifi AP with the controller running all can be this.  Has integration with facebook to auth, etc. FREE..

Your whole point of collecting data and GDPR are in conflict ;)  Whole point of GDPR is to only collect the min info needed - Why would you need email address for someone to access your hotspot ;)

On 10/25/2018 at 10:03 PM, BudMan said:

Anything that runs a captive portal does this.  Unifi AP with the controller running all can be this.  Has integration with facebook to auth, etc. FREE..

Your whole point of collecting data and GDPR are in conflict ;)  Whole point of GDPR is to only collect the min info needed - Why would you need email address for someone to access your hotspot ;)

newsletters!

and also it's a log in requirement!

thanks for the info

What if users doesn't want newsletter - then you don't need my email..

Here you can read this... The point to take away, and many users will prob do after they have used your hotspot, is teh delete function that is a requirement of being gdpr compliant.

http://docs.hotspotsystem.com/news-and-updates/how-were-preparing-for-gdpr

To be honest I wouldn't collect a damn thing from the users - let them auth with a token they purchase or something if your goal is to just make money and not collect info to make money with.