• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Wifi Sharing in iOS (like samsung S8)

razedafear    0

I am struggling to find a replica of this feature in iOS that lets a user share his existing WIFI connection and extend it to multiple users. I know there is a feature of internet sharing on my mac but it wont allow me to share "FROM" the wifi it is connected to an iPhone over WIFI. Is this something apple doesn't have yet?

Nick H.    9,317

Do you mean a WiFi hotspot? Where you would use your iPhone's data connection with other devices (i.e. a laptop)?

It should be under settings > Mobile Data > Personal Hotspot unless they've moved it around in a software update.

tiagosilva29    951
On 10/27/2018 at 11:48 AM, Nick H. said:

Do you mean a WiFi hotspot? Where you would use your iPhone's data connection with other devices (i.e. a laptop)?

It should be under settings > Mobile Data > Personal Hotspot unless they've moved it around in a software update.

Just checked on my phone and this is absolutely correct. I must also confess that the reason I'm here is because I misread the title as Wife Sharing.

• Haha 2

adrynalyne    10,895
On 10/27/2018 at 3:48 AM, Nick H. said:

It’s just Settings >Personal Hostpot now. 

tiagosilva29    951
6 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

It’s just Settings >Personal Hostpot now.

This is weird. I didn't noticed it there. Why does that shortcut exit? It's literally next to the option!

adrynalyne    10,895
5 minutes ago, tiagosilva29 said:

This is weird. I didn't noticed it there. Why does that shortcut exit? It's literally next to the option!

I dunno. Redundancy ftw I guess. 🤪