• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

"Megyn Kelly Today" canceled after blackface comments

+warwagon    13,830

"Megyn Kelly Today" is ending unceremoniously after its namesake host defended blackface Halloween costumes on Tuesday. NBC confirmed in a statement Friday that the morning show has been canceled, saying,"'Megyn Kelly Today' is not returning. Next week, the 9 a.m. hour will be hosted by other 'TODAY' co-anchors."

The news comes after an NBC spokeswoman said that "given the circumstances," the network was airing repeats of the show on Thursday and Friday. 

Kelly left Fox News to join NBC in early 2017, but her one-hour morning show never took off as hoped. NBC News' Morgan Radford reported earlier this week that sources familiar with the situation say "conversations have already started about Megyn's exit," and it's not clear yet what will happen to her $69 million contract with NBC.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/megyn-kelly-today-canceled-after-blackface-comments/

This is just stupid. Personally, I don't think she said a single thing wrong. God, it would suck being a TV show host you would have to watch EVERY single thing you say. Now i'm not a Megyn Kelly Fan at all but when I read they fired her over this it kind of ###### me off! How stupid do they have to be to fire her over something sooooooooooo STUPID and because of it, they have to pay her 68 million for breaking her contract LOL.

• Like 1

DocM    16,850

But in today's PC media environment, it was dumb.

Still, I didn't see demands for Jon Stewart and other lefties who have actually used blackface to be fired.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Joe User    504
6 minutes ago, DocM said:

But in today's PC media environment, it was dumb.

Still, I didn't see demands for Jon Stewart and other lefties who have actually used blackface to be fired.

Jon Stewart used blackface? When was this?

wakjak    22,102
5 minutes ago, DocM said:

I didn't see demands for Jon Stewart and other lefties who have actually used blackface to be fired.

Not seeing anything with Jon Stewart using blackface.

5 minutes ago, Joe User said:

Jon Stewart used blackface? When was this?

But it's no surprise that he would blame lefties for it...

• Like 1

+warwagon    13,830
17 minutes ago, Mekun said:

The Jimmy Kimmy Kimmel and Sara Silverman Skit were made before Obama had time to divide the country. As far as Jimmy Fallon, that's an Edited clip, the original one had more laughs. Somehow on award shows they can get away with more things.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Joe User    504
33 minutes ago, DocM said:

Yes, It's Jon and those pesky 'other lefties' again.  🙄

• Haha 2

Joe User    504
22 minutes ago, warwagon said:

The Jimmy Kimmy Kimmel and Sara Silverman Skit were made before Obama had time to divide the country. As far as Jimmy Fallon, that's an Edited clip, the original one had more laughs. Somehow on award shows they can get away with more things.

Did Obama use paint, ink or something like a saw? I mean dividing the whole country would take some time. I know he's a good organizer type, so I'm betting large construction projects like that would involve a team.

• Like 1

Jim K    15,378

While I really do not think she should have been fired ... I do find this whataboutism funny (reaching back over a decade even) ... especially with respect to comedians doing comedian things (and of course they have to be "leftist").  Last I check, Megyn Kelly wasn't doing a comedy bit?  I guess we should be angry with the Wayans brothers dressing as white chicks in, um, White Chicks?

1 hour ago, DocM said:

When?

• Like 1

+warwagon    13,830
7 minutes ago, Jim K said:

While I really do not think she should have been fired ... I do find this whataboutism funny (reaching back decades even) ... especially with respect to comedians doing comedian things (and of course they have to be "leftist").  Last I check, Megyn Kelly wasn't doing a comedy bit?  I guess we should be angry with the Wayans brothers dressing as white chicks in, um, White Chicks?

When?

Yes but that was released in 2004, before Obama was on office too... see a pattern. I could be wrong, but I don't remember this country being so PC before Obama.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Jim K    15,378
1 minute ago, warwagon said:

Yes but that was released in 2004, before Obama was on office too... see a pattern. I could be wrong, but I don't remember this country being so PC before Obama.

Obviously, this is Obama's fault.

• Like 2

+warwagon    13,830
2 minutes ago, Jim K said:

I dunno know if it's his fault or not but something sure changed in this country in those 8 years.,

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

LostCat    1,545
3 minutes ago, warwagon said:

I dunno know if it's his fault or not but something sure changed in this country in those 8 years.,

Something changes in the country every day, so go figure.  I mean before that we had 9/11, and Bush doing things that could still be considered war crimes.

adrynalyne    13,757
11 minutes ago, Jim K said:

LOL!

9 minutes ago, warwagon said:

You don’t know if it’s his fault yet said he divided the country before that? That doesn’t inspire confidence in what you are saying. 

• Like 1

Jim K    15,378
16 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Sure, PC has been a problem but has "blackface" ever been "ok" (at least since the 60's)?  Once again, I do not think Megyn should have been fired ... but she "defended blackface Halloween costumes".  Using comedy sketches (which isn't known for being politically correct) as a defense of her words is laughable.  Those leftist comedians did it ... 

Though, I do believe they could have simply let her clarify and/or retract her comments vs. firing her.

Joe User    504
23 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Thanks, Obama.

Joe User    504
29 minutes ago, warwagon said:

It's very obviously his and everyone else's fault, except for you and the people you like.

...and we'll all fail to fully see or solve our problems and continue blaming others for them.

PGHammer    1,732
On 10/27/2018 at 10:32 PM, Jim K said:

Not his FAULT; but he represents the emergence of political correctness - which DID take off after his election as President in 2004.

• Facepalm 3

Jim K    15,378
35 minutes ago, PGHammer said:

Not his FAULT; but he represents the emergence of political correctness - which DID take off after his election as President in 2004.

Cool ... you have thoughts about this 545 days later...  🙄

President Obama was elected in 2008.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

Skyfrog    814

I kind of suspect NBC just used this as a convenient excuse to get rid of her and the show; apparently the ratings weren't very good.

waysidesc    777
1 hour ago, PGHammer said:

So-called political correctness existed before Obama did ...

FloatingFatMan    20,407
8 hours ago, PGHammer said:

The only thing that emerged in that regards is the increased visibility of the ingrained racism in certain parts of the USA, which is nothing to be proud of.  Oh, I suppose we could also blame Obama for the emergence of Trump as a political figure, seeing as he was one of the biggest and loudest birthers going.

Yes, Trump was a Chief Birther... And people still think he isn't a racist sack of crap... :rolleyes: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

+Code Name: Lockdown    9,237
10 hours ago, PGHammer said:

Are you literally arguing about a recent president but can’t even get his election date correct?

• Haha 4