NAg screen

Yeah, Human.Online was referring to the UAC (User Account Control).

You can find the steps to disable the UAC here: https://articulate.com/support/article/how-to-turn-user-account-control-on-or-off-in-windows-10

EDIT: I wouldn't do this, the UAC is there to help protect you against software making changes to your system and it isn't really a hassle to select "allow" when prompted. But to each their own.

Bruinator,  why not post a screen shot of what you are seeing for us to be sure of what you as asking for.

Please don't do this. This is one of the core security components of your operating system. It's the one thing that actually made Vista good. Even if you call yourself a "poweruser" and won't download viruses, this a good defense for 0-Day malware that you might encounter from the web.. Even if it's a website you "trust" but you don't know if they've been hacked or their adservers have been hacked.. Your friend sends you a link and you click on it.. Disabling a core part of your security stack is a horrible idea.  

The UAC prompt has been around since Vista, I think the steps to turn it off are the same in 10 as they were in Vista but I could be wrong.  I wouldn't turn it off, but heck, if the apps you use are written the right way then it shouldn't popup at all.   I only have 3-4 apps I know that bring it up each time I open them but that's expected because of the types of apps they are.    I'd say that the majority of apps should never bring it up though.

5 hours ago, Bruinator said:

Is it the same as UAC and scroll down to never?

This turns OFF the fundamental security of your computer and will NOT be recommended by any responsible expert in this forum or any forum I have seen.

There are other ways besides this "Sledgehammer" approach to "dial down" security  that might work for you. Windows has a million settings to custom tailor it to you needs.

- you could turn off Secure Desktop so the pop up is less intrusive

- if it is programs you download there is a setting to stop the security pop up if the install does not need elevation.

- and many more options

Describe what is irritating you exactly and what programs you are running to get the pop up.

• Like 2

Definitely leave this on. In fact I go one step further and make it require a password for every use. It just makes it that little more secure.

• Like 2