mouse issue

1 minute ago, Bruinator said:

When I use my wireless mouse and scroll down it goes up and visa versa. Battery was changed as well. Any ideas?

Change the scrolling direction in the mouse options. 

19 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Change the scrolling direction in the mouse options. 

That. There should be something in mouse settings. If your mouse has its own software, use that.

Maybe I should of said it happens some times not all. I assume I need to change something with the wheel? The is only 2 options in it which are scrolling up abd down and horizontal. Do i need to do something there?

Umm, get a new mouse or RMA it? Mouses go bad, it happens. I had a bad wheel on mine, wouldn't move anymore. *garbage*

If it is still under warranty, RMA it. If not, get a new mouse.

2 hours ago, techbeck said:

May need to install the mouse specific software from the manufacturers site.  Sometimes, Windows does not handle it properly.

If it does it "sometimes", that isn't Window's fault. I rarely ever used Logitech's software, and I've been fine...

2 hours ago, techbeck said:

May need to install the mouse specific software from the manufacturers site.  Sometimes, Windows does not handle it properly.

Have you run into this? Because I can’t recall a time that basic mouse functions did not work properly with Windows drivers. 

1 hour ago, adrynalyne said:

Have you run into this? Because I can’t recall a time that basic mouse functions did not work properly with Windows drivers. 

Yes, I have seen it before.  Also, more features come with the manufactures software.  Not common, but MS does have issues with their drivers from time to time.  Either way, good troubleshooting tip to see if that makes a diff.

47 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Yes, I have seen it before.  Also, more features come with the manufactures software.  Not common, but MS does have issues with their drivers from time to time.  Either way, good troubleshooting tip to see if that makes a diff.

I’d bet 100 bucks it isn’t the issue. What models did you see this issue with?

Oddly enough I agree with @techbeck I've seen this with a few mice before.  It also could be a ######ed rotation sensor on the wheel.

3 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

I’d bet 100 bucks it isn’t the issue. What models did you see this issue with?

Mostly Logitech.  Not often, but once in a while.  And you can bet all you want.   Just because you have not experienced it does not mean others havent as well.  Would be a quick/simple test.  But not sure what mouse the OP has.  Would be good info to know.  Removed drivers from device manager...have the system search/reinstall them.   Another simple/quick test.  Had to do that on a SP recently.  KB/touch pad stopped working so I had to reinstall the drivers.

29 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Mostly Logitech.  Not often, but once in a while.  And you can bet all you want.   Just because you have not experienced it does not mean others havent as well.  Would be a quick/simple test.  But not sure what mouse the OP has.  Would be good info to know.  Removed drivers from device manager...have the system search/reinstall them.   Another simple/quick test.  Had to do that on a SP recently.  KB/touch pad stopped working so I had to reinstall the drivers.

*raises hand* I never saw this either. Window's drivers should NOT do this behavior. I've used Logitech mouse ever since the G5.

All you need the manufacturers hardware for is to program buttons that may be on the side.

But, yes, as you said, he didn't specify what mouse it was. So, until then, it could be Logitech or MS. We don't know.

3 hours ago, Mindovermaster said:

*raises hand* I never saw this either. Window's drivers should NOT do this behavior. I've used Logitech mouse ever since the G5.

All you need the manufacturers hardware for is to program buttons that may be on the side.

But, yes, as you said, he didn't specify what mouse it was. So, until then, it could be Logitech or MS. We don't know.

Or a 100 other mouse manufacturers... There a a lot of really nice "no name" mice these days which can be a good buy if they show the model number of the sensor chip and Omron switches in their specs.

In general, any Pixart sensor is good, particularly 33XX ones.

https://on-winning.com/flawless-sensor-mouse-list-perfect/

Hello,

Do you have another mouse you can test with (wireless or wired, any brand) to help further isolate the problem?  If the problem occurs with a different mouse, it could be a bug in the program you are trying to scroll in.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky