‘They were threatening me and my family’: Tucker Carlson’s home targeted by protesters

‘They were threatening me and my family’: Tucker Carlson’s home targeted by protesters 

“I called my wife,” Carlson told The Washington Post in a phone interview. “She had been in the kitchen alone getting ready to go to dinner and she heard pounding on the front door and screaming. ... Someone started throwing himself against the front door and actually cracked the front door.”
His wife, thinking it was a home invasion, locked herself in the pantry and called 911, Carlson said. The couple have four children, but none were home at the time.

[...]

“Tucker Carlson, we are outside your home,” one person could be heard saying in the since-deleted video. The person, using a bullhorn, accused Carlson of “promoting hate” and “an ideology that has led to thousands of people dying.”
“We want you to know, we know where you sleep at night,” the person concluded, before leading the group to chant, “Tucker Carlson, we will fight! We know where you sleep at night!”

[...]

“Tonight you’re reminded that we have a voice,” a now-deleted tweet read. “Tonight, we remind you that you are not safe either.”

[…]

While he is no stranger to threats, Carlson said this time things went “too far.”
“I don’t think I should be threatened in our house,” he said. “I think I should fight back, and I plan to.”
He added: “I’m not going to be bullied and intimidated.”

Full Article,
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2018/11/08/they-were-threatening-me-my-family-tucker-carlsons-home-targeted-by-protesters/?utm_term=.4a9c5f1cb0aa

“I called my wife,” Carlson told The Washington Post in a phone interview. “She had been in the kitchen alone getting ready to go to dinner and she heard pounding on the front door and screaming. ... Someone started throwing himself against the front door and actually cracked the front door.”

Link...

In many states that kind of behavior gets you legally perforated. 

18 hours ago, DocM said:

Link...

In many states that kind of behavior gets you legally perforated. 

True there, Doc - even no less than CNN's Chris Cuomo said as much.  Except for one wingnut, the condemnation was pretty much universal - from competitors and former colleagues (including Megyn Kelly - formerly of Fox, now @ NBC's Today, and Steven Colbert) alike.  (What folks forget is that Carlson was @ CNN before going to Fox - and he STILL works at the Daily Caller.)  That was NOT why he was on his show that night - it was his regular vacation day post-election.

What makes it even more screwball is that Tucker devotes part of his show to debating his philosophical opposition - a carryover from his CNN days.  (His brother - who was visiting Tucker's wife - recognized one of the unwelcome visitors' voices from a stint on Tucker's show - ooops.)  The Carlsons have LONG lived in the District - when he left CNN for Fox, he simply gained a longer commute - likely via the subway.  CNN's studios and DC bureau are still by Union Station, while those of Fox are where they have always been - 5151 Wisconsin Avenue (Visiting Nurse's Association Building).

Quirk - despite the name on the building, the FOX O&O - not the TV network - is the anchor tenant, and has ALWAYS been there - it is the second-oldest continually-occupied TV broadcast facilities in the city (displacing WUSA-TV when it moved to their current space @ 4100 Wisconsin Avenue); only WRC-TV @ 4101 Nebraska Avenue in Tenleytown (which is also the second-oldest broadcast licensee of any sort in the eastern US - trailing only KDKA of Pittsburgh) has outlived it.

surprised ANTIFA didnt target Tucker sooner.   Fact that this group brings weapons to protests and causes all this violence should tell everyone that their goal is to not make things better, but worse.    Bunch of criminals hiding behind protesting to justify and get away with what they are doing.  If someone started banging on my door, I will greet them with my shotgun in hand and a smile on my face.

While I agree that going to people's homes and threatening people like Ford and Carlson is horrible. I would prefer you atleast have both sides of the story. I do not condone these actions, even if they are legal.

https://thinkprogress.org/i-was-at-the-protest-outside-tucker-carlsons-house-heres-what-actually-happened-665c2dc0cb67/

.... and tripe like that is why the United States are so divided right now, @wakjak. In deference to the rest of our Canadian friends here on Neowin, I'll ask you to kindly stay out of affairs that don't concern you -- as we have been asked to stay out of affairs that don't concern us.

Wishing harm upon other human beings, regardless of whether or not you share their ideologies ... shameful.

• Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, Unobscured Vision said:

.... and tripe like that is why the United States are so divided right now, @wakjak. In deference to the rest of our Canadian friends here on Neowin, I'll ask you to kindly stay out of affairs that don't concern you -- as we have been asked to stay out of affairs that don't concern us.

Wishing harm upon other human beings, regardless of whether or not you share their ideologies ... shameful.

While his comments and way of commenting on things isn’t always the most useful, and sure he can be blinkered at times; I fail to see where he has wished harm upon anyone.

Moreover, an American, any American, is in no place to dictate who can or cannot comment upon American politics when your foreign policy (much as England’s has been) is a strong source of  global unrest.

You’re not a moderator, you don’t get to say who does or doesn’t get to comment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unobscured Vision said:

I'll ask you to kindly stay out of affairs that don't concern you -- as we have been asked to stay out of affairs that don't concern us.

Nah. That's ok. That's not how this works.

10 hours ago, Human.Online said:

While his comments and way of commenting on things isn’t always the most useful, and sure he can be blinkered at times; I fail to see where he has wished harm upon anyone.

Moreover, an American, any American, is in no place to dictate who can or cannot comment upon American politics when your foreign policy (much as England’s has been) is a strong source of  global unrest.

You’re not a moderator, you don’t get to say who does or doesn’t get to comment.

My apologies, everyone. I was a bit grouchy yesterday. Sorry, @wakjak. Although I don't agree with your position on this matter (and felt it was bad form), you've a right to express yourself.

• Like 2