• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

need advice on a cheap VPN

Question

Megan Wright    232

I just found this offer up from PureVPN which has a lot of other things in their package other than the standard VPN thingy that they have. It is a bit surprising for me considering the fact that they are offering antivirus, ad blocker, url filter and IPS & IDS along with everything which their standard VPN package has like 5 multilogins, multiple vpn protocols, p2p optimized servers etc.

But the price they are offering all this for (most probably because of Black Friday/Cyber Monday offer) is really low i.e. $79 for 5 years (roughly $1.32 a month if I break it down). Apparently it is like they would be getting a really low amount as profit out of it, but good on the buyers’ end I guess! Here's the link to take a look!

It seems like it is worth a shot. What do you suggest?

3 answers to this question

Mindovermaster    1,562

I use NordVPN. Had a deal of $99 for 3 years.

If you want to try out PureVPN, most of the VPN services have a 30-day money back guarantee. So, you can try it, and if you don't like it, you get all your money back. :)

cork1958    1,477

Just recently got a VPN myself. I went with IPVanish on a deal I got from them. From what I read on searches, I guess I'd have to ask where are they located as it seems most people frowned on one's located in US. I looked at your link real quick and didn't see that info.

InsaneNutter    1,173

Personally i'd install OpenVPN Access Server on a VPS, then you know exactly what's been logged and are in control of everything. You can get a VPS for a couple of $ a month these days from OVH, Digital Ocean and many other providers.

Sure if your doing anything illegal then it can be traced back to you, however for appearing like your in another country or secure browsing on unsecured connections your fine.

I wouldn't personally want to always be connected to a random VPN controlled by someone else, however that's just me.

• Like 1