Just assembled my PC and display will not show on monitor.

Hi everyone,

I am getting a bit stressed as I assembled my computer with all new parts over the weekend and can't seem to make it work properly.

My setup is:

Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor

Corsair - H100i PRO 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

Samsung - 860 Evo 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive

NVIDIA - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB Founders Edition Video Card

Thermaltake - Toughpower Grand RGB 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

The story goes as follows:

After assembling my computer I made sure all connections are in the right spot basing it in each of the manuals. When I pressed the on button, the corsair liquid cooler system seems to run normally, and my motherboard rgb is working accordingly. However, I notice the PWR_LED light is on.

To troubleshoot this, I have tried to re-plug every cable inside my computer, including the sata, the cpu power supply cable and the motherboard power cable. I have run out of ideas and have gone through many videos to attempt to fix this yet I am unsuccessful.

I appreciate any guidance and really am desperate to make this work.

Here are some pictures:

56498422289--3EB6A688-646D-4CA9-8D4C-52E44E81D9EC.thumb.JPG.578b901abaff4d4cf4dda04584dcd686.JPGIMG-2671.thumb.JPG.ee136f925ab72a629c5e9cdae8766784.JPGIMG-2672.thumb.JPG.d6106af0f74826535f83b68d7edcde57.JPG56498418655--E016EE56-EB02-4285-8BC5-109824001FC8.thumb.JPG.e0292923b5719644b0700b7e20ade2f0.JPG

Thanks

You have power pluuged into your 2080?

Only thing I can think of. Did you try running with just one stick of RAM?

3 minutes ago, Helpolis said:

Not yet. I am currently trying to run it wihtout having the graphics card on.

I will try one ram at  time as well.

1. Make sure there is a speaker on the mobo or plugged into the speaker pins

2. Unplug everything except Power and including all RAM removed

3. So with just bare mobo, CPU and PSU, you should get a beep code when you power on telling there is no ram

4. if no beep code, remove mobo from case and place on wood or cardboard and try again

4,B) if beep code, plug in first ram stick and see what beep you get

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Helpolis said:

I am currently trying to run it wihtout having the graphics card on.

To confirm, the video card is completely removed from the case right? If not, it should be

Thanks for the advice,

I took the whole thing out. I also did the same for the ram and then proceeded to reconnect the power pins. The speakers one I did what the manual says and plugged it in the AAFP pins. Somehow I feel that might not be right, but maybe I am just overthinking it.

I will give an update soon.

After trying it, unfortunately I hear no beeps. and the situation seems to be the same.

I am wondering if it might be the motherboard. I am still to fully take out the mobo from the case and try to do this caseless.

If no beeps coming with nothing plugged in, it is VITAL to remove the motherboard from the case.

Then if no beeps, the motherboard or the power supply is defective

You could also check for bent pins in the CPU socket

----------------

but maybe you plugged speaker in wrong - it is in the jumper area where you attach the power and reset buttons

Oh yeah, just looked at manual - AAFP is for AUDIO, NOT BIOS BEEP CODES!!!

image.png

While waiting to hear about the beep codes, one (simple) thing that could cause the symptoms is the 8-PIN power connector near the CPU socket.

Sometimes that socket is very stiff and it appears to be connected but hasn't actually snapped into place so really check that and also at the power supply end if modular. And make sure you aren't using a 8 Pin GPU connector either!

That connector supplies all the CPU power so the motherboard won't let the boot process start if it is not good!

Honestly, I have only done this two other times with my brother, but he is not around anymore. I checked the processor and the pins and they seem to be in perfect condition .

I assembled it on top of cardboard, however, I can't seem to turn it on. Do you know how to start it without the case?

2 minutes ago, Helpolis said:

Honestly, I have only done this two other times with my brother, but he is not around anymore. I checked the processor and the pins and they seem to be in perfect condition .

I assembled it on top of cardboard, however, I can't seem to turn it on. Do you know how to start it without the case?

Page 1-17 "system panel connector"

There you see the Speaker pins and also the "PWRSW" (Power Switch)

Just use a metal object like a screwdriver to short those two pins together momentarily

Also to confirm

in the same jumper block as where you use the screw driver to turn on,

you have a mini speaker on the two pins labeled +5V and Speaker

1 minute ago, Helpolis said:

it only turns on the PWR_LED. which is strange since there are no other components on it and it should detect something there

The PWR_LED is meaningless - just means a PSU is connected and turned on, but serves as no indication that the tiny brain on the motherboard is active.

Also when inspecting pins in the CPU socket, you need magnification, good light and move the board to view at different angles as damage can be very hard to spot but this seems highly unlikely as a cause since the board should be more alive than it is, with it's tiny little control freak brain  complaining like crazy with beep codes!

Thank you for the help. I will try those things since I got a feeling about my board not being fully there. That at least will rule it out. Thank you and I will come back to update on the board status.

13 minutes ago, Helpolis said:

Thank you for the help. I will try those things since I got a feeling about my board not being fully there. That at least will rule it out. Thank you and I will come back to update on the board status.

Also to confirm

in the same jumper block as where you use the screw driver to turn on,

you have a mini speaker on the two pins labeled +5V and Speaker

if there is anything wrong with your speaker connection, you won't hear a beep of course

if you have another working computer, examine the speaker connection on that (the speaker connects on the sames pins in every normal motherboard) and either study the conection of if nothing connected, connect your speaker to that computer to verify you know what you are doing re speaker connect

Expensive motherboards such as yours used to come with an on-board beeper and what a stupid thing to save a penny by removing that!