SSD brands

List these ssd's from best to worst plz

WD - Blue PC SSD 250GB Internal 2.5" SATA Laptop Solid State Drive WDBNCE2500PNC

WD Blue 250GB PC SSD - 2.5 SATA III 6 Gb/s 2.5"/7mm Solid State Drive

Brand New Sealed Crucial MX500 250GB SSD Solid State Drive CT250MX500SSD1

New Intel 256GB SSD 545s Series 2.5" SATA III SSDSC2KW256G8X1 64 Layer

thx

Explain why only one says "brand new sealed"

We can't really say, as we don't know how much they have been used. Or it's age. As I take they are used ones.

2 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Explain why only one says "brand new sealed"

We can't really say, as we don't know how much they have been used. Or it's age. As I take they are used ones.

Brand New Sealed Crucial MX500 250GB SSD Solid State Drive CT250MX500SSD1  dont know.

They are all new. Best guess plz.

Personally, I would stay away from Crucial and Intel. Samsung has always been the best brand for SSDs in my own experience. I have nothing to say about Western Digital for SSDs.

The first two are the same?

Anyway, whichever is cheaper and has the longest warranty (I'm assuming they are all 5 years though).  I doubt you'll find much difference in real world performance between any of the 3 models you listed.

Edit:  You asked about another SSD the other day...the Silicon Power. 

24 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

List these ssd's from best to worst plz

WD - Blue PC SSD 250GB Internal 2.5" SATA Laptop Solid State Drive WDBNCE2500PNC

WD Blue 250GB PC SSD - 2.5 SATA III 6 Gb/s 2.5"/7mm Solid State Drive

Brand New Sealed Crucial MX500 250GB SSD Solid State Drive CT250MX500SSD1

New Intel 256GB SSD 545s Series 2.5" SATA III SSDSC2KW256G8X1 64 Layer

thx

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-NAND-250GB-SSD-WDS250G2B0A/dp/B073SB2MXW/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

That's a WD  Blue with 3D NAND

The Crucial and IBM you listed have 3D NAND

So, follow the rules I posted. 

If you include a WD Blue with 3D NAND instead of the old 2D NAND then all three would be in category 3 and just flip a coin.

17 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

He's not the only one to suggest that, you know. 😛 

39 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

He's not the only one to suggest that, you know. 😛 

Yeah, but I had FIRST POST on it! :)

Just joking, but remember the days when we all obsessed over the various controller chips each SSD was using and wear leveling and write amplification and completely unaffordable SLC  flash (it still is completely unaffordable) vs unreliable MLC flash and then shockingly cheap and shockingly crappy TLC flash and SSDs failing everywhere in unanticipated ways and trying to figure out how you fit an O/S on a 50 gig SSD because that's all that was affordable?

And then Samsung came along and got better and better and just pulled ahead of everyone so there is no tech anymore, other than Samsung 970 Pro vs Samsung 970 EVO and those poor souls limited to Samsung 860 Pro vs Samsung 860 EVO...

29 minutes ago, DevTech said:

Yeah, but I had FIRST POST on it! :)

Just joking, but remember the days when we all obsessed over the various controller chips each SSD was using and wear leveling and write amplification and completely unaffordable SLC  flash (it still is completely unaffordable) vs unreliable MLC flash and then shockingly cheap and shockingly crappy TLC flash and SSDs failing everywhere in unanticipated ways and trying to figure out how you fit an O/S on a 50 gig SSD because that's all that was affordable?

And then Samsung came along and got better and better and just pulled ahead of everyone so there is no tech anymore, other than Samsung 970 Pro vs Samsung 970 EVO and those poor souls limited to Samsung 860 Pro vs Samsung 860 EVO...

I remember the OCZ SSD days... :/

Ok, so I have the question WD blue 500 ssd vs Samsung Evo 860 500gb?  The WD I can get locally the Samsung I have to order or take a drive to get, both are the same price.... Thoughts?

On 11/27/2018 at 4:21 PM, Grinch said:

Personally, I would stay away from Crucial and Intel. Samsung has always been the best brand for SSDs in my own experience. I have nothing to say about Western Digital for SSDs.

I used Crucial before switching to Samsung and while the drives are pretty meh, I never had issues with them. 

On 12/1/2018 at 5:16 PM, DoctorD said:

Just a matter of driving through all that Holiday traffic, 80 miles round trip, ugh.   

newegg.com etc

In any case follow this algorithm by purchasing in priority order from #1

1. Samsung 970 Pro

2. Samsung 970 EVO

3. Any NVMe with 3D NAND FLASH

4. Any NVMe

5. Samsung 860 Pro

6. Samsung 860 EVO

7. Any SSD with 3D NAND Flash

8. STOP, don't buy anything, get a second job for a week.

If the WD is the new generation with 3D NAND and you don't have M.2 NVMe slot, then not the worst option

13 minutes ago, DoctorD said:

Went with the Samsung evo 860, and I have to say WoW.  Boots the Alienware to desktop in under 10 seconds from post beep, thanks guys.

Welcome to the club. You will never go back. 

13 minutes ago, DoctorD said:

Went with the Samsung evo 860, and I have to say WoW.  Boots the Alienware to desktop in under 10 seconds from post beep, thanks guys.

Great!

How was that 80 mile drive?