System Performance with 16GB of Ram

Hello All

Got my First ever 16gb of ram in my newer Asus G11CD-K Gaming desktop,  SSD boot drive,  is there something I should do with the page file to optimize performance or leave as system defined?      Hibrnation is off, Fast boot is off,  trim enabled for the ssd,    Using standard Microsoft disk controller, do I need to find a way to get the Intel 100/200 storage controller into Device manager again?     Latest Chipset drivers are old on Asus Site though

I'd doubt you'd have to do anything. Just make sure you see the full 16 in cpu-z or system monitor.

Shows Full 16gb in System/About in Windows 10 Here, and CPU-Z 

So think good in that case then sounds like

1 hour ago, bikeman25 said:

Hello All

Got my First ever 16gb of ram in my newer Asus G11CD-K Gaming desktop,  SSD boot drive,  is there something I should do with the page file to optimize performance or leave as system defined?      Hibrnation is off, Fast boot is off,  trim enabled for the ssd,    Using standard Microsoft disk controller, do I need to find a way to get the Intel 100/200 storage controller into Device manager again?     Latest Chipset drivers are old on Asus Site though

Congrats!

I have 16GB RAM from long time, and I played with all those tuning settings, believe me, you don't have to play with page file, leave it default,

Hibernation is your choice, I had disable it too (because, I don't use it), Intel drivers doesn't make any difference.

15 hours ago, bikeman25 said:

Hello All

You can use some of the steps I posted here:

16 gig is not a lot these days. A fixed size page file helps a bit - 12 gig might be good.

What SSD drive are you using?

Using Western Digital 250GB SSD, Original released version non 3D Nand.       Just finally got 16gbs in this system,  Had to switch to my secondary browser, keep having issue with Current Folder for Temporary internet files disappearing for MS Edge lol, couldn't even reply thru that browser today.  

I assume it's performing like it should i imagine

45 minutes ago, DevTech said:

You can use some of the steps I posted here:

16 gig is not a lot these days. A fixed size page file helps a bit - 12 gig might be good.

What SSD drive are you using?

True dat!

12.thumb.png.1d8824e23764f0b259ce74b14c0036ec.png