The amazing Bethesda

Bethesda Support have released names, addresses, email addresses and credit card information on Fallout 76 customers.

Another in a long line of issues following the turbulent release of Fallout 76 has resulted in them allowing multiple customers full access to the support ticketing system including the ability to open and close tickets along with the ability to view all of the customers information.

With customers being based in the EU, I wonder if this could be one of the first major breaches of GDPR.

https://kotaku.com/bethesda-support-leaks-fallout-76-customer-names-addre-1830892930

• dipsylalapo changed the title to The amazing Bethesda
23 minutes ago, Human.Online said:

Why is all such data not encrypted!?!?!?

The data was accessed via a ticketing system, it wouldn't be encrypted at that point

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dipsylalapo said:

The data was accessed via a ticketing system, it wouldn't be encrypted at that point

Ah they got processed output, not the data itself.  Fair play then!

Just now, Human.Online said:

Ah they got processed output, not the data itself.  Fair play then!

Yeah. I had something similar happen to me a few years back when I clicked an advert for Hello Fresh (or something) and it took me a checkout page with details pre-populated of another shopper. Pretty bad.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I feel bad for the people who bought this game, particularly the ones that thought they were making an investment in the special editions. All these issues and to top it off, the game isn't even good. It's not even F2P standard.

23 hours ago, jamesyfx said:

I feel bad for the people who bought this game, particularly the ones that thought they were making an investment in the special editions. All these issues and to top it off, the game isn't even good. It's not even F2P standard.

My biggest problem with it has actually nothing to do with the game. On the lead up to the game I watched a fair amount of beta gameplay and I actually liked the look of it (still do technically) so in anticipation, I picked up Fallout 4 again as I never really got very far the first time around and this time I really started to enjoy it. I went from about 20 hours gameplay to 100 before 76 released, so when I bought 76 in a sale I felt bad to just leave 4 behind as still felt I had a lot more to do there and I'm still going. Hopefully, by the time I get round to playing it, it's not completely dead, but I still do look forward to playing it.

On 12/6/2018 at 7:07 AM, trag3dy said:

Bethesda teaching us how all how not to be a game developer/publisher.

Literally everything surrounding FO76 has been a ###### show.

Bethesda has been a joke for a while. They have been saved by the modding community more often than not. I mean Skyrim default UI on PC was utter trash and probably the worst UI i've ever seen in my life. Thankfully there was mods to change it.

Artistically speaking their games are awesome. But Technically speaking Bethesda has been trash for as long as i can remember. They are lucky to have modders working for them for free.

• 1 month later...