Avengers 4: Endgame (April 2019)

11 minutes ago, Jason S. said:

Endgame - yes, please stop making these movies.

Goes without saying that if you don't like them then don't go see them.

Also, Marvel has a movie lineup pushing out as far as like 2030.

3 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

Goes without saying that if you don't like them then don't go see them.

Also, Marvel has a movie lineup pushing out as far as like 2030.

im going to be the old man and say "get off my lawn!" All these superhero movies, all these reboots of shows... very little originality anymore. it's all about how many billions can they suck out of gullible people these days.

that said, if i were 11 yrs old today i'd want to see all these superhero movies. kids dont know better. they get a pass.

8 minutes ago, Jason S. said:

im going to be the old man and say "get off my lawn!" All these superhero movies, all these reboots of shows... very little originality anymore. it's all about how many billions can they suck out of gullible people these days.

that said, if i were 11 yrs old today i'd want to see all these superhero movies. kids dont know better. they get a pass.

Too much thinking and analyzing. That's what work is for. I just want to go see a fun movie.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Jason S. said:

Endgame - yes, please stop making these movies.

Some of us enjoy seeing the characters we grew up with coming to life on the big screen, thank you very much.

Nobody is forcing you to go see them.

Having not seen IW. I probably shouldn't have watched this trailer! Need to try and see it this weekend

4 hours ago, Jason S. said:

When you keep making movies for the last 100-120 some years, eventually you will run out of original ideas

10 hours ago, Zathras5 said:

I don't think they've run out of ideas, I think it's more studios being afraid to take a risk on something new that may or may not sell.

Some of the smaller studios still do but the big thing that has changed now is that streaming services like Netflix are buying original content like movies and even more so TV shows that we're not seeing go to theaters etc. 

Besides, it's easy to just keep making sequels as long as people want them. 

On 12/7/2018 at 2:42 PM, trag3dy said:

Too much thinking and analyzing. That's what work is for. I just want to go see a fun movie.

Not really,

I grew up with the 80's and 90's films, that was the best era of film making, talent. Now aday it's just how much money.

So I'm putting this in a spoiler tag out of professionalism but I guess by now either you've seen the last avengers or you don't care about spoiling it :

Spoiler

As much as I liked the "twist" in the end of the last one, my suspension of disbelief is stretched very thin and it's starting to hurt these trailers. As I watched this trailer and they're on about the bad guy killing of half of the population at random, a little voice in my head keeps pointing out how incredibly lucky it is that it randomly spared all of the original cast and a few important people who had no role in this specific movie but will in the next one. That movie was like, ok look everyone in the marvel universe has a role to play, and then the ending is like "yeah no just joking actually only the main team is important everyone else just dies". I get it, a big chunk of the audience would be uninterested if the main cast was killed off and the central characters in the next movie were a new group of avengers, but still my head keeps repeating "that's not random".

1 hour ago, Orange said:

Not really,

I grew up with the 80's and 90's films, that was the best era of film making, talent. Now aday it's just how much money.

Okay. So don't go see it then. I'm not sure why this even needs to be talked about.

16 hours ago, Brys said:

So I'm putting this in a spoiler tag out of professionalism but I guess by now either you've seen the last avengers or you don't care about spoiling it :

Reveal hidden contents

As much as I liked the "twist" in the end of the last one, my suspension of disbelief is stretched very thin and it's starting to hurt these trailers. As I watched this trailer and they're on about the bad guy killing of half of the population at random, a little voice in my head keeps pointing out how incredibly lucky it is that it randomly spared all of the original cast and a few important people who had no role in this specific movie but will in the next one. That movie was like, ok look everyone in the marvel universe has a role to play, and then the ending is like "yeah no just joking actually only the main team is important everyone else just dies". I get it, a big chunk of the audience would be uninterested if the main cast was killed off and the central characters in the next movie were a new group of avengers, but still my head keeps repeating "that's not random".

Spoiler

While I agree, its a risky bet. Imagine Cap and Iron Man dying. It is suicidal to the entire franchise. Yes they obviously handpicked the people who died. You can't move the plot forward with misfits. I also bet that there are more deaths incoming in this movie.

OTOH I would definitely like to see an alternate version with random characters taking on Thanos 😂

i see DC future.....TANOS will be good HERO

3 hours ago, Tuskd said:
  Hide contents

While I agree, its a risky bet. Imagine Cap and Iron Man dying. It is suicidal to the entire franchise. Yes they obviously handpicked the people who died. You can't move the plot forward with misfits. I also bet that there are more deaths incoming in this movie.

OTOH I would definitely like to see an alternate version with random characters taking on Thanos 😂

Spoiler

It's funny but that's what I was thinking when writing my first comment. What the main cast and most of the heroes were killed off and then we get a new team with unsure beginners like the new Spiderman, trying to fill in. Maybe Tony Stark prepared an automated system to replace the avengers in case they're all dead, and these new heroes all get a suit with one of the Avengers' pre-registered voice talking to them and giving them advice ? Something like that could be fun and refreshing. I think I saw something similar happen in an avengers cartoon.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tuskd said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Sure you can, but to get butts in the seats, it's best to stick with the established core members. Personally, I would have disintegrated at least one of the core Avengers just to further emphasize the seriousness of the event. Perhaps Bruce, just to eliminate one of the big guns; Ms. Marvel is on her way and would fill the slot nicely.

Although unlike Earth 616, we don't have the vast array of B list heroes or misfits to work with. After all, this is a world where the FF and X-Men don't even exist. It would be way too much to try to introduce D-Man, Squirrel Girl, Silk, . Although an Avengers team mixing in the surviving Defenders might be interesting ... And drop in Quake from Agents of SHIELD ...

17 hours ago, DConnell said:
  Hide contents

Sure you can, but to get butts in the seats, it's best to stick with the established core members. Personally, I would have disintegrated at least one of the core Avengers just to further emphasize the seriousness of the event. Perhaps Bruce, just to eliminate one of the big guns; Ms. Marvel is on her way and would fill the slot nicely.

Although unlike Earth 616, we don't have the vast array of B list heroes or misfits to work with. After all, this is a world where the FF and X-Men don't even exist. It would be way too much to try to introduce D-Man, Squirrel Girl, Silk, . Although an Avengers team mixing in the surviving Defenders might be interesting ... And drop in Quake from Agents of SHIELD ...

I kinda wish we had a Squirrel Girl movie but on the other hand I'm not sure how well that would go.

5 hours ago, Brys said:

I kinda wish we had a Squirrel Girl movie but on the other hand I'm not sure how well that would go.

If they embrace the silliness of the concept and make the movie massively fun it should do fine. KInd of like a PG version of Deadpool.

17 minutes ago, DConnell said:

If they embrace the silliness of the concept and make the movie massively fun it should do fine. KInd of like a PG version of Deadpool.

They've already made a PG-13 version of Deadpool. It comes out today, actually.