Avengers 4: Endgame (April 2019)

Now that this big MCU arc is close to it's end I'm not as excited as I once was.  I'll see this but probably not in theaters, I'll wait for it to hit video/streaming etc.

• 1 month later...

The theories are coming hot and heavy, some even saying we could get time travel.   I don't know if I agree with that or not, and while the infinity stones are powerful enough to wipeout 50% of all life out there, are they strong enough to bring all that life back?  Maybe time travel is the only way to fix things?

Time travel has to be in the mix.. explains a lot with new spiderman coming.

Dr. Strange was heavy involved with that time travel look back in the 1st film.

Also his mentor is listed on the actors in End Game.... makes sense right.

The time travel theory comes about because of how Doctor Strange gave the time stone to Thanos. If you remember the stone was glowing when he gave it to him and he couldn't touch it directly. Thanos also never really uses it's power from what we can tell, at least not in any similar way that Strange does.

Anyways, the trailer doesn't do a lot for me. I get that they don't want to give too much of the movie away but still.. I'm left rather unimpressed. And don't get me wrong, I'm still seeing the movie.

8 hours ago, trag3dy said:

The time travel theory comes about because of how Doctor Strange gave the time stone to Thanos. If you remember the stone was glowing when he gave it to him and he couldn't touch it directly. Thanos also never really uses it's power from what we can tell, at least not in any similar way that Strange does.

Anyways, the trailer doesn't do a lot for me. I get that they don't want to give too much of the movie away but still.. I'm left rather unimpressed. And don't get me wrong, I'm still seeing the movie.

I'll be seeing the movie for sure if nothing else just to finish the story off.

I don't know if the time travel comes from use of the time stone or not, there's the theory that it's got more to do with the quantum realm which makes antman more of an important character.  We'll know soon enough.

12 hours ago, trag3dy said:

Thanos also never really uses it's power from what we can tell, at least not in any similar way that Strange does.

He used it at the end of Infinity War to reverse time to before Scarlet Witch destroyed the mind stone while it was in Vision's head.  Or am I mixing that up?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Innervisions33 said:

He used it at the end of Infinity War to reverse time to before Scarlet Witch destroyed the mind stone while it was in Vision's head.  Or am I mixing that up?

You might be right. It's been a while since I've watched the movie.

2 hours ago, Innervisions33 said:

No, you are right, he turned back time and fixed the stone then pulled out of visions head. At each point in the movie he uses different stones as he gets them, so we can see how strong they are and have a better idea of what they can do. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I bet the fight this trailer is showing us isn't the final one.  Heck I think the shot we see in the previous trailer with them all waiting the same suits is the start of the 3rd act and going into the final battle.

22 hours ago, Human.Online said:

It actually only confirms that they are "missing" but yeah, I take your point.

Very true... it's possible they are in hiding.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2019 at 8:57 AM, George P said:

Yeah, I bet the fight this trailer is showing us isn't the final one.  Heck I think the shot we see in the previous trailer with them all waiting the same suits is the start of the 3rd act and going into the final battle.

I wonder about that. What the thought process is there.

We're in the middle of a galactic genocide but wait, we need to coordinate our outfits. That's super important.

2 hours ago, trag3dy said:

We're in the middle of a galactic genocide but wait, we need to coordinate our outfits. That's super important. 

One could argue that they needed suits asap and Tony designed the suits with the same material for everyone to save time.

But the Avengers badge is super important. How else will they stamp their authority on extra terrestrial planets.

7 hours ago, trag3dy said:

The theory is that they're suits for going into the quantum realm, so they're the same.

30 minutes ago, George P said:

The theory is that they're suits for going into the quantum realm, so they're the same.

That makes a bit of sense I guess. I can let that slide.

• 2 weeks later...