Snow Blower opinion

I used to prefer Troy-Bilt years ago but the Ariens would probably be my current choice. I've had a few family members that still live in snowy areas replace their old Toro and Troy-Bilts. They both went with Ariens for the replacements. They (my family) tend complain a lot about pretty much anything and I've never heard a peep about the Ariens so that by itself is a glowing testimonial!

I would go with the Troy if those 2 are my choice, really depends on how much snow you are moving.  I use a Craftsman 33 inch monster, and sears has some seals right now(since they are failing)

I am fortunate not to have to deal with snow (Florida!) but working at Amazon I have picked allot of snowblowers from Greenworks, and they seem to be very popular, just throwing it out there!

Go with the Ariens.  Metal chute vs plastic, holds up better against ice.  Chute control up top with tine and drive vs down low on the troy-bilt, the troy-bilt can be a pain in the rear to move at times (mine is).  2 stage is a must where I live (up hill driveway, 4-5 foot difference between bottom of drive to top of drive).  Takes about an hour to clear my driveway (can fit 6 cars at bottom of driveway, tapers to 1.25 cars wide going up driveway to road).  Longer if it is really heavy.  

I have burnt many gloves changing chute angle, hand sometimes goes for muffler to stabilize myself.  Muffler right there where you would unlock and move chute.  You don't want to reposition yourself when you need to touch the chute.  You also want to make sure all newspapers or other papers are clear from your driveway before blowing...papers kill snow blowers.

When storing it, empty the tank.  If you can't empty the tank, put a little extra stabil in the fuel and run it for a few minutes.  Do not let gas sit in the tank for long periods of time.  It will gum up the carb and will require replacement or a very good cleaning.  Sitting fuel kills the carbs.