• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Teen fatally stabbed pregnant cheerleader after learning it was his baby

Mockingbird    2,469

cheerleader-found-dumpster2-copy.jpg?qua

A high school football player from Indiana says he stabbed his classmate in the heart after finding out she was pregnant with his child and it was too late to get an abortion, police said.

Aaron Trejo, 16, from Mishawaka, is charged with one count of murder and one count of feticide for allegedly stabbing 17-year-old Breana Rouhselang to death, the South Bend Tribune reported.

Police arrested Trejo early Sunday after cops found Rouhselang’s body covered in a trash bag in a dumpster behind a restaurant near her home. She was six months pregnant. Rouhselang, a cheerleader at Mishawaka High School, was also the football team’s manager.

Rouhselang’s mom called the police to report her daughter missing at 1 a.m. Sunday. She told cops her daughter left her house Saturday night to talk to Trejo but never returned.

During questioning, Trejo initially told police he was supposed to meet with Rouhselang to talk about the pregnancy at the alley behind her house but she never showed up, according to an arrest affidavit.

Upon searching the alley behind Rouhselang’s house, cops found glasses and a bloody stocking cap. They eventually discovered Rouhselang’s body behind Pasquale Rulli’s restaurant a block from her home.

Cops took Trejo to the St. Joseph County Metro Homicide Unit for questioning, and he denied seeing Rouhselang the night of her murder for a second time before eventually confessing. He told police that neither he nor Rouhselang wanted to have the baby.

“I took action … I took her life,” he said, according to an affidavit obtained by the Indianapolis Star. He admitted thinking about killing Rouhselang for about a week. He stabbed her in the heart with a knife from his house, then put her body in a black trash bag and threw her in a dumpster, Trejo told the police.

[...]

https://nypost.com/2018/12/11/teen-fatally-stabbed-pregnant-cheerleader-after-learning-it-was-his-baby-cops/

Edited by Mockingbird

Mindovermaster    1,601

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

DocM    15,538

Woodchipper..... 👿

• Like 2

Mockingbird    2,469
15 hours ago, Mindovermaster said:

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Think of the bright side!

At least he won't have to pay child support, in return for the however many years he spend in jail.

DocM    15,538
7 minutes ago, Mockingbird said:

Think of the bright side!

At least he won't have to pay child support, in return for the however many years he spend in jail.

Indiana has the death penalty, but as a minor (16 y/o) it can't be applied. Likely life without parole.

Human.Online    7,752

Just put the scum down. Show him the same respect for human life that he has shown.

• Like 2

Mockingbird    2,469

Police report:

https://www.scribd.com/document/395417552/Trejo-Probable-Cause-Documents

6 hours ago, DocM said:

Indiana has the death penalty, but as a minor (16 y/o) it can't be applied. Likely life without parole.

The murder charge carries a sentence of 45 to 65 years in prison if a defendant is found guilty. Feticide, the killing of an unborn baby, is a level 3 felony that carries a maximum sentence of 16 years in prison if convicted.

https://www.insideedition.com/i-took-action-indiana-high-schooler-admits-killing-schoolmate-pregnant-his-child-police-say-49133

DocM    15,538
16 hours ago, Mockingbird said:

Police report:

The murder charge carries a sentence of 45 to 65 years in prison if a defendant is found guilty. Feticide, the killing of an unborn baby, is a level 3 felony that carries a maximum sentence of 16 years in prison if convicted.

https://www.insideedition.com/i-took-action-indiana-high-schooler-admits-killing-schoolmate-pregnant-his-child-police-say-49133

I'm surprised Indiana is that lenient, Michigan would be life without parole if tried as an adult.

Still, the judge could decide to issue consecutive sentences rather than concurrent,

16 y/o + 45/65 + 16

Unless he's related to Methuselah...

Mockingbird    2,469
7 hours ago, DocM said:

I'm surprised Indiana is that lenient, Michigan would be life without parole if tried as an adult.

Still, the judge could decide to issue consecutive sentences rather than concurrent,

16 y/o + 45/65 + 16

Unless he's related to Methuselah...

If the judge really wants to, he can sent Trejo to jail until the latter is 97.

That's pretty much a life sentence for most people.

That said, the girl's mother is partly to blame here.

You can't just let a couple kids work this out by themselves.

A circumstance like this requires someone to act as the adult in the room and defuse a potentially explosive situation.

Four years ago, even though I was young, I had to stand up and be the adult in the room.

...and it is in that respect that the girl's mother failed: she failed to be the adult in the room

• Like 1

DocM    15,538

With 4 kids launched, 3 of them boys and all strong-willed (good kids, but whew!!), being the adults in the room was a full-time job. 

Mom should have had the "keep it, or not" talk long before the time this happened, but nothing she did or didn't do gives this sociopathic POS any excuses.

NOTH-ING!

• Like 2

Sir Topham Hatt    243

I mean, sideshow Bob has tried to kill people before! 

• Haha 1

TheLaughingMan    51
On 12/12/2018 at 10:08 PM, Mockingbird said:

Police report:

should be life with out parole or death for each act.

• Like 1