Stuck in Safe Mode [Minimal]

Question

I needed to go into Safe Mode, and using the Advanced Start-up wasn't working because my wireless kb didn't allow me to select an option. I found an alternative method via msconfig and proceeded. Unfortunately my admin password (both the PIN and Microsoft account password) are coming up wrong. I can't access cmd or make most changes without it and I have verified both are correct. I searched online and found different proposed solutions that don't work including trying to activate the hidden admin, and other suggested command prompts to force my system to boot normally. The only thing that works is holding Shift and restarting which boots the advanced start-up menu and it allows me to select 5 (SM with Networking) and I can login as my second user (not admin) and access the web to post this. I tried accessing my admin directly and via prompts, always wrong password.

The reason I wanted to get into safe mode was to do a system restore to try and recover my accidentally deleted Chrome browser history, which failed and I read using safe mode can usually work. So I don't know what to do at this point. Thanks. 

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet