• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sketchy redirects: go.neowin.net

shockz    5,146
Brandon H    2,525

was about to say I don't notice this but then I saw your edit; I get the redirect as well when not logged in but it doesn't give me any security/certificate error like you're seeing

date/time isn't wrong on your computer is it?

edit: here's the cert if that's helpful for review @sheinbein @Steven P. @Redmak

image.thumb.png.350c4c803658dd7038bf3aa06670a9f5.png

Steven P.    12,461

It is skimlinks affiliate links, we used to have it enabled for members too but people complained so it is now only enabled for guests, because running Neowin actually costs money 😮 and we have to make it somehow/somewhere 😛  

• Thanks 1

+sheinbein    81

Indeed I'm seeing the same SSL error: "This server could not prove that it is go.neowin.net; its security certificate is from *.redirectingat.com."
@DaveLegg @Redmak is there a way to add go.neowin.net to the www.redirectingat.com cert?

DaveLegg    959
17 hours ago, sheinbein said:

Indeed I'm seeing the same SSL error: "This server could not prove that it is go.neowin.net; its security certificate is from *.redirectingat.com."
@DaveLegg @Redmak is there a way to add go.neowin.net to the www.redirectingat.com cert?

We have no control over that - it's not our certificate. It's something Skimlinks will need to fix, hopefully @Steven P. can fix that through their support.